10/3 Tigers @ Sox 2:10PM CT

Tnetennba

9 minutes ago, pcq said:

The lol of the season and also right here would be all of the OMG pub the Pods got compared to the Giants. 

Absolutely.  All the crybabies whining about Preller running circles around Hahn.  Lol their team sucks and has so many huge contracts

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

I really enjoy the back and forth between Steve and Jason, they're both funny. I really don't mind his home run calls to be honest...

Too much "funny" isn't always a good thing, esp. when it isn't funny.  Same for the two clowns on the postgamer.  Humor is funniest when it's a surprise.  With these guys it's constant.

1 hour ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Would explain why he had a good first half with the Indians and has sucked since coming here. 

Sox didn't give up much for him and I'm still not a fan of the Kimbrel trade.  He does have post season experience.

Just now, kitekrazy said:

How many times have World Series been won by a team that was hot?

It happens in the world of professional sports.

You honestly think that’s the part of his post I take issue with, rather than the part where he says this was a “disappointing regular season”?  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

You honestly think that’s the part of his post I take issue with, rather than the part where he says this was a “disappointing regular season”?  

You weren't disappointed with the sloppy play, poor fundamentals and baserunning, the blown leads late by the bullpen, the questionable managerial decisions, the seemingly "punting" of many games not to mention all the injuries and setbacks?  I certainly was.  You're not disappointed that they failed to get HFA when it certainly seemed within reach?  You weren't disappointed with the performance of two of their trade deadline acquisitions?  I was.  Thankfully the Sox are in such a weak division.

But now that this disappointing season is over, let's hope they can get hot/lucky in the postseason.  The best team doesn't necessarily win the World Series, but often times the hot team does.  Go Sox!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

You weren't disappointed with the sloppy play, poor fundamentals and baserunning, the blown leads late by the bullpen, the questionable managerial decisions, the seemingly "punting" of many games not to mention all the injuries and setbacks?  I certainly was.  You're not disappointed that they failed to get HFA when it certainly seemed within reach?  You weren't disappointed with the performance of two of their trade deadline acquisitions?  I was.  Thankfully the Sox are in such a weak division.

But now that this disappointing season is over, let's hope they can get hot/lucky in the postseason.  The best team doesn't necessarily win the World Series, but often times the hot team does.  Go Sox!

Oh, so you *were* being self-evidently ridiculous in calling a 93-win, division championship season (despite major injury issues) “disappointing.”  I forget sometimes that not everyone cares much about credibility.  Thanks for clarifying!

10 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

I am disappointed by the 2nd half, but wouldn't dub the entire season a disappointment by any means.  They could and should have HFA in at least the ALDS, but it is what it is.  They are healthy and going into the playoffs on a bit of a hot streak with an AL Central banner to their name; the rest is water under the bridge at this juncture.  

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Oh, so you *were* being self-evidently ridiculous in calling a 93-win, division championship season (despite major injury issues) “disappointing.”  I forget sometimes that not everyone cares much about credibility.  Thanks for clarifying!

Sorry, but I was disappointed that Eloy and Robert suffered major injuries and missed significant time.  I was very disappointed in Adam Engel's injuries and setbacks.  I was disappointed in the sloppy play and "stupid" baseball we saw in too many games this season. I was disappointed by the drop in power production by a couple of our stars.  I was disappointed that we traded for arguably the best reliever in baseball and then he pitched like crap most of the time.  I was disappointed that we traded for a 2B with 18 HRs to fill the power gap and he only hit 3 since coming over.  I'm disappointed that for a team that has been much better at home vs. on the road they punted so many games when they could have secured home field advantage.  I was disappointed with some of the unnecessary drama surrounding the team this year as well. Yeah, I'm glad they won the division but still disappointed by the way they played for much of the season. 

If you weren't disappointed in those things that's your point of view.  I don't give a damn about what you think about my credibility.  If you can't disagree with someone's personal opinion without resorting to personal attacks, then you're the one that lacks credibility.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Congrats to the Sox on their successful season. Wanted to give my grades on the Sox season.

- Offense At full strength.  A-. Weak links: Cesar, AV, Goodwin, Billy, Collins

- Defense. C.  Weak links at LF, RF and C.

- Starting pitchers A. (A+ without Keuchel).

- Relievers. A-.  (A without Wright, Foster, Ruiz)

- Manager/coaches. C.  Many inexplicable decisions and too many punted games.

- season success. A

Overall grade. A-