White Sox-Astros Game 1 3:07 Start Time

KnightsOnMintSt

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

This would be awesome, but I don't see any realistic scenario that Yanks/Red Sox vs. Rays isn't the prime time game Thursday (and through the whole series).  And based on last year, days with just 2 games were 3-4pmCT and 7pmCT game times. 

It is brutal.  Thur/Sun only have 2 games, so they'll spread them out I would guess.  Have to image Yanks/Red Sox getting the primetime as mentioned above.

Friday has 4 games - would again assume Sox are one of the 2 day games, and apparently TBS has already reflected Brewers/Braces for the 330pm time slot.  So I think 1pm Friday is likely, which is worst case scenario for me personally.  

I could definitely see Chicago and Houston being the primetime pick over Tampa and Boston. Obviously different story if its the Yankees.

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

awesome! I figured we would be underdogs, but super surprised that we are pretty heavy underdogs.

Houston goes almost every year and just missed the World Series last year. Sox not so much. This series is a huge challenge. Leury will sit game one I think for being a klutz yesterday. If they play smart and Tim leads the way who knows?

22 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

I could definitely see Chicago and Houston being the primetime pick over Tampa and Boston. Obviously different story if its the Yankees.

Perhaps.  I guess we'll have to wait until Wednesday to find out.  What a joke for people planning travel.  

1 minute ago, SoxBlanco said:

No way they can wait until Wednesday to announce the times, can they?

Certainly appears to be the plan.  If they haven't been announced yet, nothing changes until the ALWC game is over late Tuesday. 

5 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

No way they can wait until Wednesday to announce the times, can they?

I know! I’m kicking around the idea of an impromptu trip to Houston but can’t do anything until I know game times. Houston has a lot of available tickets on mlb.com

tough call btw for me. I live in Tampa. Really wrestling with holding and hoping they advance and play the rays in the ALCS, but of course when it comes to playoff baseball, there is no guarantee for tomorrow. 

Edited by HakunaMachado

38 minutes ago, pcq said:

Houston goes almost every year and just missed the World Series last year. Sox not so much. This series is a huge challenge. Leury will sit game one I think for being a klutz yesterday. If they play smart and Tim leads the way who knows?

This is another reason why we needed to win HFA.  If first game would have been at GRF we would be a heavy favorite not a heavy underdog in Houston.  What good would resting our stars and punting so many games be, if we do not go beyond five games.  What good was to overpay for Kimbrel if we don’t go beyond the Houston series.  This why the HFA should have been an integral part of our strategy.

Edited by hankchifan
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Perhaps.  I guess we'll have to wait until Wednesday to find out.  What a joke for people planning travel.  

Don’t forget Boston Red Sox is a big national brand, so we can’t assume that the Sox game will have preference on TV.  These schedules are dictated by the TV stations.

11 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Don’t forget Boston Red Sox is a big national brand, so we can’t assume that the Sox game will have preference on TV.  These schedules are dictated by the TV stations.

I agree with you. I don’t think there’s any realistic chance Sox have night games at all in ALDS until Yanks/Red Sox are both eliminated. At least that is my assumption until the schedules dictates otherwise. 

19 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

This is another reason why we needed to win HFA.  If first game would have been at GRF we would be a heavy favorite not a heavy underdog in Houston.  What good would resting our stars and punting so many games be, if we do not go beyond five games.  What good was to overpay for Kimbrel if we don’t go beyond the Houston series.  This why the HFA should have been an integral part of our strategy.

Completely disagree with your post but I understand your opinion.

I’m expecting the Sox sweep or lose 1 game

• Like 1

Maybe this is hopeful thinking. But I'm wondering if they have kept from announcing the start times to our series because if Boston wins we might get some evening/prime time games in the playoffs? Because if NY wins, we know the Yankees are getting the prime time slots.  If it was definite that no matter who wins tomorrow night was going to get the prime time slots, might they have announced the times for the games by now? But since they're waiting.......

Edited by Soxsi75

32 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Red Sox away from Fenway vs a 0 fanbase team over the 3rd and 4th largest markets would be a choice. Yankees are a different animal hense why I imagine the delay.

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

This would be awesome, but I don't see any realistic scenario that Yanks/Red Sox vs. Rays isn't the prime time game Thursday (and through the whole series).  And based on last year, days with just 2 games were 3-4pmCT and 7pmCT game times. 

It is brutal.  Thur/Sun only have 2 games, so they'll spread them out I would guess.  Have to image Yanks/Red Sox getting the primetime as mentioned above.

Friday has 4 games - would again assume Sox are one of the 2 day games, and apparently TBS has already reflected Brewers/Braces for the 330pm time slot.  So I think 1pm Friday is likely, which is worst case scenario for me personally.  

I don't understand why MLB has to make sure each game has it's own audience. Don't you think they would get better ratings putting all the games between 5-9 pm. So what if there are 2 games being played at 7:00. I would think there are enough fans of each team that the low viewership at noon, will be less than having 2 games at the same time. How many fan bases will watch if their team isn't on anyways? Plus wouldn't advertisers rather see a higher viewership at primetime, even if it's on FS1 instead of ESPN or Fox? 

10 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Red Sox away from Fenway vs a 0 fanbase team over the 3rd and 4th largest markets would be a choice. Yankees are a different animal hense why I imagine the delay.

More people nationwide would tune into a Red Sox game than a White Sox game. Even when they have been good, the White Sox, for some reason, have never been much of a draw. TV or in person on the road. I still think they might have a shot at prime time if Boston wins. The LaRussa angle probably has some national appeal.

44 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

13 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

More people nationwide would tune into a Red Sox game than a White Sox game. Even when they have been good, the White Sox, for some reason, have never been much of a draw. TV or in person on the road. I still think they might have a shot at prime time if Boston wins. The LaRussa angle probably has some national appeal.

Hope you are right.  White Sox could use more national exposure.  We have lot o f talent to showcase.

45 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

I hope you are right.  Part of my opinion is based on the White Sox having the best home record in the AL, and they are the only team in the playoffs with a losing record on the road.  Food for thought.

21 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Just decide already. I'm supposed to go somewhere Thursday that won't get me home until about 3:00. If the game is going to be earlier, I have to change my plans by tomorrow.

You should be safe for THursday.  With just 2 games, I don't see them starting before 3pmCT.

Friday on the other hand is very likely to be earlier than 3pm. 

• Kalapse changed the title to White Sox-Astros Game 1 3:07 Start Time
  • Quin locked and unlocked this topic
  • Balta1701 unpinned this topic
  • Quin locked this topic