White Sox-Astros Game 1 3:07 Start Time

KnightsOnMintSt

14 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Who's making the Game 1 GT?

should probably be the person who made them during the Sox longest winning streak of the season or something superstitious like that ;)

Pretty sure I started the first win vs the Astros after the break.

Yes…I’m on a 2-game winning streak vs the Astros.

Edited by flavum

32 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Who's making the Game 1 GT?

should probably be the person who made them during the Sox longest winning streak of the season or something superstitious like that ;)

Who made the last game thread the last time we played the Astros in the playoffs? Technically i guess that would be every game that series haha

edit: just checked. It was @Heads22!

Edited by manbearpuig
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, SCCWS said:

It is in Northeast.  I doubt MLB will factor in Marathon. Usually Red Sox do morning game to accommodate Marathon 

It’s not about television, it’s about street closures, police and other traffic resources. MLB works with municipalities to coordinate these events. 

The Chicago Marathon goes right past Comiskey, so it would be impossible to host the game early, well unless it was 2020 and fans weren’t a factor.

The Boston Marathon also runs close to Fenway, though I believe they have a stricter race time (Chicago’s is 6:30), but you still need lead time to allow fans to travel, so depending on the two AL time slots, I’d expect the Boston Red Sox to play last regardless. It’s less than 50% probability to even happen, Boston must win tonight and at least one game after tonight to come to fruition.

2 hours ago, chw42 said:

FWIW, FanGraphs writers have us as the overwhelming favorites in this series. They also have us as favorites in the ALCS and tied with the Dodgers for the World Series. 

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/heres-whos-going-to-maybe-win-the-2021-world-series/

Finally, some reviewers that know what they are talking about.

• Like 1

vs. McCullers

R SS Anderson
S 3B Moncada
R CF Robert
R 1B Abreu
S C  Grandal
R LF Eloy
L DH Sheets
R RF Engel
S 2B Cesar/Leury

vs. Valdez

R SS Anderson
R CF Robert
R 1B Abreu
R LF Eloy
S C Grandal
S 3B Moncada
R DH Vaughn
R RF Engel
S 2B Cesar

1 hour ago, raBBit said:

vs. McCullers

R SS Anderson
S 3B Moncada
R CF Robert
R 1B Abreu
S C  Grandal
R LF Eloy
L DH Sheets
R RF Engel
S 2B Cesar/Leury

vs. Valdez

R SS Anderson
R CF Robert
R 1B Abreu
R LF Eloy
S C Grandal
S 3B Moncada
R DH Vaughn
R RF Engel
S 2B Cesar

I feel like Moncada hasnt hit in a 2 spot in quite a while, i could be wrong. I bet they throw Robert at 2 regardless of handedness. Still I like both those lineups and would be happy with either.

3 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

We need to know all the game thread starters' home/road and day/night splits to figure out who should start game 1.

Damn we might announce a game thread starter before the Sox announce the game 1 starter. 

• Quin locked and unlocked this topic
  • Balta1701 unpinned this topic
  • Quin locked this topic