MLB 2021-2 off season thread

southsider2k5

5 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Yeah, he doesn't seem like a 300 million guy.

He's been banged up a lot which would be the concern, but he's been worth 5.38 fWAR/162 in his career and he'll be 27 pretty much all of next year.

To put that number in perspective, Machado had been worth roughly 5.28 fWAR/162 in his career prior to his contract and he was roughly the same age (I believe 2 months older).

Obviously Machado had a better history of health, but Correa definitely should be in that ballpark.

Also, Harper had been worth 5.28/162.

Correa is really good.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Thanks 1

I. love. the. offseason.

And then there’s the quote Segura put in his lone Instagram story. It appears to be the Spanish translation of an Edward Snowden quote:

“Saying that you are not concerned about privacy because you have nothing to hide is like saying that you are not concerned with freedom of expression because you have nothing to say.”

Segura is essentially asking people to value privacy, presumably his. The reason fans think it has to do with being traded rather than a personal matter is the removal of all baseball content from his page.

2 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

He really shouldn't be taking less than what Francisco Lindor got. 

That's interesting.  I know if I was a GM or owner, I'd much rather invest in Lindor. 

Edit: Full disclosure, that is most likely due to Correa being a stinky cheater pants. 

Edited by turnin' two
  • Haha 1

Segura for Kimbrel would be alright if we can get Conforto.  Its an idea that's been discussed here.  

edit: also realize this guy is probably a nothingburger, but its a scenario that does have some merit. 

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Don’t know who this Bob Ostroski guy is but it sounds like he’s saying it’s for Kimbrel. He misspelled his name wrong. This is very weird. Probably just another silly rumor. 

That's because he's just a Twitter rando.