MLB 2021-2 off season thread

southsider2k5

3 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Wtf

Just now, Snopek said:

Huh. So they…bought him?

I waited to post that tweet until I saw multiple beat writers reporting it was for just cash. I'm shocked no team was willing to deal a marginal prospect + cash for him if that's what the Rays really wanted. I think we all would have been very excited to have Honeywell as a lottery ticket arm on the Sox.

• Like 1

And Hahn has found his OD Starting Second Baseman, perhaps also an OF.

Jerry: “$600,000, a LH hitter, such a deal. Much better than that bum from Cleveland. Sign Frazier as well, he can play the corners, all on the Yankees dime. What a country!

Hey, can we begin trading our international bonus money again? Isn’t this great!”

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/video/rougned-odor-homers-14-on-a-fly-ball-to-right-center-field-luke-voit-scor

8816-posts.article_md.jpg

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

And Hahn has found his OD Starting Second Baseman, perhaps also an OF.

Jerry: “$600,000, a LH hitter, such a deal. Much better than that bum from Cleveland. Sign Frazier as well, he can play the corners, all on the Yankees dime. What a country!

Hey, can we begin trading our international bonus money again? Isn’t this great!”

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/video/rougned-odor-homers-14-on-a-fly-ball-to-right-center-field-luke-voit-scor

8816-posts.article_md.jpg

The routine of JR trading away bonus money is an indictment of the org as far as it's long term vision.

20 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

And then when they do use it ,which is always wise when you have Marco Paddy, they dump the one guy they shouldn't have.

I read an article last night by a well known publication, forget which one… it was titled, “Top 10 Worst Trades in MLB History”

Shields for He Who Shall Not Be Named wasn’t on their list.

Failures.