MLB 2021-2 off season thread

southsider2k5

3 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Perhaps, but not sure how cowardly one must be to be concerned with someone reviewing their reaction, especially on an anonymous message board. 

People should be all for transparency, and should be able to stand by what they post and also their reactions.

Then why are you hiding behind an alias?  Use your real name like I do. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Pretty sure the mods wouldn’t even be comfortable doing that…well, some would.

People can use their real names here if they want.  Nobody cares, it's your social media presence you do what you want to do with it.  

49 minutes ago, Leonard Zelig said:

Then why are you hiding behind an alias?  Use your real name like I do. 

I'm not "hiding" behind anything. My user name is White Sox appropriate (and the same I used on White Sox Interactive).

I used my "real name" for social gatherings organized on WSI, and would do the same on this board when interacting with others in person.

With Posey gone and a number of older players who likely had their last great year last year (Crawford, Belt, Longoria) I can't see how this team wins even 90 again. I think they'll be .500 - would love to be wrong, though, and have them beat up on the Dodgers and Padres again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Holy crap on the Joe Blanton observation. No wonder they have been mired in mediocrity for this long, despite having the best player in the game.

Kind of meaningless, though, when they just signed the other best player in the game (who happens to be a pitcher) a couple years ago.  I don't think anybody would ever accuse the Angels of shying away from big signings

1 minute ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Kind of meaningless, though, when they just signed the other best player in the game (who happens to be a pitcher) a couple years ago.  I don't think anybody would ever accuse the Angels of shying away from big signings

But none on pitching. Ohtani was signed primarily as a hitter, and his salary is ridiculously suppressed based on yet another owner salary suppression scheme.

14 hours ago, hi8is said:

I’m just pissed off there’s still no “blowing kisses” icon I can use to blow up @greg775’s inbox with. 😢

I'm not as intense so far this offseason. I'm mad the Sox flopped under Tony in the postseason and the lockout looms and I am perturbed at baseball in general. Sad.

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

He’ll probably go somewhere like Pittsburg or Cleveland or some shit where he can play every day. Worth a gamble for them at 3 years of control remaining.

Career .761 OPS.  Over .800 if you take out his 2021.  He will be a full time player (DH/OF) for someone in 2022.  

1 minute ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Career .761 OPS.  Over .800 if you take out his 2021.  He will be a full time player (DH/OF) for someone in 2022.  

Not confirmed or anything but I’ve seen some discussion that the Yankees don’t know if he’ll be healthy enough going forward 

5 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Holy crap on the Joe Blanton observation. No wonder they have been mired in mediocrity for this long, despite having the best player in the game.

I am thinking they will get Matz and than Scherzer and if not Scherzer will try for Rodon and others. I expect them to land 3 big name free agent starting pitchers.