MLB 2021-2 off season thread

southsider2k5

12 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

This would be good for the Kimbrell trade market if he leaves LA

I agree. LA would be looking for a closer and it was mentioned yesterday that they are one of the front runners for Kimbrel so it would definitely open up that possibility. 

Edited by maloney.adam

35 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Oh please god yes

I dunno, Laurence Holmes on 670 The Score thinks he would be the perfect fit next to Tim Anderson in the infield. I believe he said Tim would be fine shifting to 2B for him, too. El Mago to the White Sox baby!

Edited by ron883

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

I dunno, Laurence Holmes on 670 The Score thinks he would be the perfect fit next to Tim Anderson in the infield. I believe he said Tim would be fine shifting to 2B for him, too. El Mago to the White Sox baby!

Cue the we need a LH hitting, contact-oriented hitter crowd…seems Baez will get roughly $90-105 million, would the White Sox gamble even more on an offensive rebound compared to the obvious concerns over Conforto’s 2021?

Can definitely see Detroit shying away from Correa’s price tag, especially with the Miggy Cabrera contract fresh in mind.

5 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Laurence Holmes baseball IQ is very limited, as is most of the Score Radio these days. 

Stick to Bears talk Laurence. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

If the White Sox aren’t careful they’re going to be caught by the Tigers. Detroit seems serious like they expect to contend next year. Didn’t they have a pretty decent record after the all star break last year?

The AL Central is going to be a tougher division next year which was expected. I’m not too worried though. Still plenty of offseason left.

Edited by maloney.adam

36 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I’d rather acquire Segura for Kimbrel than spend massive dollars on Baez.

• Like 1