MLB 2021-2 off season thread

southsider2k5

3 hours ago, chw42 said:

If a guy like Neris got 2 years and $17 million, the Sox shouldn't have many issues getting rid of Kimbrel's contract.

You would think.  But those deals seem a lot easier for GM’s to justify…compared to closers making $16 million.  Someone will likely give Tepera a similar deal and nobody will remember him ten years from now.

Let’s think of it as the White Sox equivalent of Dotel and Linebrink.

But everyone remembers Billy Koch, for example.  GM’s take a lot more heat over that than fanbases going after general bullpen spending.  Think the Mets and Edwin Diaz, or Wade Davis after leaving KC.

Come on White Sox… let’s see it!

Don’t you know I’m desperately in need of some moves to solidify my clearly lacking sense of confidence? My overbearing insecurity is showing through and the only thing which will provide a semblance of balance are baseball transactions related to Chicago’s best team.

I’m already horribly afraid that I’ll even make it through a labor negotiation strike without losing my mind completely…

Give me some hope, for fucks sake. It is plain as day that me and my feelings are more important than anything else and my entitlement is unmatched.

So there!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

But everyone remembers Billy Koch, for example.  GM’s take a lot more heat over that than fanbases going after general bullpen spending.  Think the Mets and Edwin Diaz, or Wade Davis after leaving KC.

But that's also because the Sox traded one of the best closers in baseball for Koch.  Under any level of analysis, Foulke was the superior pitcher.   Koch threw hard; Foulke didn't - I guess that was it.
But Williams finally got the pitching squared away and got the ring.

Edited by GreenSox

28 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

But that's also because the Sox traded one of the best closers in baseball for Koch.  Under any level of analysis, Foulke was the superior pitcher.   Koch threw hard; Foulke didn't - I guess that was it.

Koch was on roids; Foulke wasn't

35 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

One of my least favorite trades ever. 

39 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Nope.  Foulke wanted more money, something like $ 6 Million, or whatever.  So they made the trade to save a few bucks, and then they gave Koch a raise to match Foulke.  Foulke stayed successful and Kock didn't.

1 hour ago, hi8is said:

Come on White Sox… let’s see it!

Don’t you know I’m desperately in need of some moves to solidify my clearly lacking sense of confidence? My overbearing insecurity is showing through and the only thing which will provide a semblance of balance are baseball transactions related to Chicago’s best team.

I’m already horribly afraid that I’ll even make it through a labor negotiation strike without losing my mind completely…

Give me some hope, for fucks sake. It is plain as day that me and my feelings are more important than anything else and my entitlement is unmatched.

So there!

That was a downright  skillful use of the English language and quite humble while feigning arrogance.