MLB 2021-2 off season thread

southsider2k5

19 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Very weird.  Either Cohen is purposely leaking stuff to these guys or the Mets are simply being used to drive up the price for other teams.

I mean pretty clear Cohen is loving this and blabbing to the NY writers who are breathlessly repeating the gospel.

That said, sucks we aren’t in on him. There is no other pitcher in the world like Max Scherzer in the playoffs right now. Well, I guess braves have 2 of em (3?)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Who knows, but he didn't give an inch at age 37.

It doesn't seem like you'll have to go beyond 3 years, either. Every pitcher is a massive risk. On a team that's already a WS contender, I'd much rather have Scherzer on a 3 year record breaking AAV deal than going ~5 years a guy like Ray or Stroman.

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

I mean pretty clear Cohen is loving this and blabbing to the NY writers who are breathlessly repeating the gospel.

That said, sucks we aren’t in on him. There is no other pitcher in the world like Max Scherzer in the playoffs right now. Well, I guess braves have 2 of em (3?)

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Well he had to back out of the playoffs because of dead arm

:huh:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

It doesn't seem like you'll have to go beyond 3 years, either. Every pitcher is a massive risk. On a team that's already a WS contender, I'd much rather have Scherzer on a 3 year record breaking AAV deal than going ~5 years a guy like Ray or Stroman.

Yea, it's a tough call. I like Jon Gray, assuming he's  cheaper than the above. I think he'd do well with the Sox. Maybe also McHugh, who can spot start.  Our starters wore down; need to keep them fresh.    
But I'm the oddball in my opinions. I see 2B and pitching as bigger priorities than RF and DH.
The Sox can hit; that's where most of the injuries were last year, so it didn't show.  Sheets had a great start to his career; he may be the lefty everyone is looking for.