MLB 2021-2 off season thread

southsider2k5

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Where did I say “win”?  I said could “work out”.  If you want to maximize your chances to win the next three years, Schwarber & Marte could make a huge difference.

As team stooge, my belief is Sox need to balance traits first and foremost, not positional star power. Schwarber slams a lot of issues we have. And if you get him, is swinging a Kiermeier/Glasnow trade a bad idea? Possibly add glasnow for a crazy bullpen piece for playoffs and 2023 rotation piece.

Basically, I think we are in complementary mode. Would be nice to have the data these teams have.

• Like 1

Jerry would absolutely throw $40M of his own money to fuck with Steve Cohen on some property deal but make it a baseball player and he’s no where to be found. We need someone on the inside to use this angle and bring JR off the sidelines here.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

If one good thing comes from Cohen spending all this money is that owners finally have to put up and stop colluding to suppress player salaries. 

Why the hell did the owners stop Cuban from buying a team? Wasn't it so there wouldn't be a brash owner willing to blow the bank on his team? Exactly what Cohen is doing. 

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

Why the hell did the owners stop Cuban from buying a team? Wasn't it so there wouldn't be a brash owner willing to blow the bank on his team? Exactly what Cohen is doing. 

Also, Cuban is very vocal. I'm not sure they thought that Cohen would be this active in the public sphere. 

Some of his actions no doubt hurt his teams ability to sign players as it'll turn some people off, but it also raises the prices on people that are unsigned and are basically telling owners to put up or shut up. Huge douche move, but it's Steve Cohen so what did anyone expect?

6 minutes ago, bmags said:

As team stooge, my belief is Sox need to balance traits first and foremost, not positional star power. Schwarber slams a lot of issues we have. And if you get him, is swinging a Kiermeier/Glasnow trade a bad idea?

Kiermeier just cannot hit a lick.  Now I assume he can be had basically be free for picking up his contract, but still.

If Engel could stay health, they have the D covered with someone who can hit.