MLB 2021-2 off season thread

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

As much as I wanted to believe that we’d sign Scherzer, it never felt realistic unless we were prepared to go well over $200M in payroll.  That being said, Hahn better land Conforto and have some other aces up his sleeve.  I’m going to be really pissed if Rick deals Kimbrel for Seguara and positions that as one of our major moves this offseason.

Yes

• Like 1

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

So if fake pursuing players sells tickets, why aren't the Sox rumors happening at all with guys that have no chance of signing here anyway? Seems like a great moment to sell tickets to all those Sox fans who appreciate us just talking to FAs.

I actually bought several pairs of season tickets when Nightengale tweeted out we were going to be aggressive and named Ray & Semien.  I didn’t want to risk the Sox running out once we finally reeled in the big fish.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I actually bought several pairs of season tickets when Nightengale tweeted out we were going to be aggressive and named Ray & Semien.  I didn’t want to risk the Sox running out once we finally reeled in the big fish.

Looks like we are reeling a sardine not a big tuna.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Thought the same. You can’t be surprised by this overreaction 

Not at all. It's just amusing is all. This has been a very exciting and uncharacteristic start to free agency. Shit by this point we'd be looking forward to winter meetings maybe having some of the big free agents signing December/January. 

Edited by Baron

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

They’re going to stay put, but not many rumors out there for us expect this bad boy:

In Nightengale I trust…

Yes, he didn't say the Sox were seeking Robbie Ray or Marcus Semien.
Just players like  Marcus Semien and Robbie Ray.
Wide open board.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Other teams are getting down to business, and Sox braintrust are sitting at home playing switch. 

Orioles, Red Sox, Yankees, Twins, Royals, Guardians, Mariners, A’s, Cubs, Brewers, Reds, Pirates, Braves, Nationals, Rockies, Dodgers and Phillies have all basically done nothing either 

• Fire 1

Just now, fathom said:

Orioles, Red Sox, Yankees, Twins, Royals, Guardians, Mariners, A’s, Cubs, Brewers, Reds, Pirates, Braves, Nationals, Rockies, Dodgers and Phillies have all basically done nothing either 

I'm seriously thinking Alex Jones gifs are all he deserves. 

• Like 1