MLB 2021-2 off season thread

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, SoxBlanco said:

Or SoxTalk is just better at Googling "MLBTR Free Agent Predictions" than the front office. Either way, they better adjust and land Conforto.

eh at least on the high end I think soxtalk generally hits better than that. MLBTR tends to hit the mid market better, where this board is always shocked when an average SP gets 10+M

27 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Who on Earth is it who cares so much about white sox fans believing that the front office is working hard? Even if he's completely making all this up, why would he think that's something he should push literally every trade deadline and offseason?

Because it works.  Despite all of his gaffes over the years, most fans still think he's an effective GM and are fans of Hahn.

5 minutes ago, Baron said:

Just to see, I checked out his B-R page, and I think there's a good chance this is the worst DRS I've ever looked at. I have to go look at Soler or someone like that now for context. 

Edit: Good God his career DRS is nearly twice as bad as Soler's in the OF in a comparable number of games. This may be what it looks like if I were a big league outfielder.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

But the Sox were going to act like a BIG MARKET team and spend big money this off-season!!!

I'm going to laugh and cry if they get hosed on a Kimbrel deal. It seemed so painfully obvious that buying him out was the right call, yet the White Sox and many here were convinced he had trade value even at 16mil. 

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

Conforto’s prediction is 1/20.

you know to start the offseason I would have said there's no way he takes a 1 year deal, but maybe he gets an AAV he likes and thinks he can recreate what Semien did (or moustakas before that?)

I still think there's plenty of money sloshing around that he finds what he wants, but wouldn't be shocked if he did it now.