MLB 2021-2 off season thread

southsider2k5

9 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

but i was ripped on for suggesting how shit the front office has been at evaluating MLB talent and that this offseason would be more of the same! oh well, looks like it is.

I don't think it's a problem of evaluating talent, I actually think they've been pretty good.  The problem is that they seem totally out of touch with how much those  players are worth in the market.

1 minute ago, whitesoxwinner said:

hahahaha the front office is holding a birthday party for minnie minoso in the B lot on the last day before the lockout, i think I am done with the offseason until post lockout 

That's probably a good idea. 

Just now, whitesoxwinner said:

hahahaha the front office is holding a birthday party for minnie minoso in the B lot on the last day before the lockout, i think I am done with the offseason until post lockout 

Could be worse. You could be a Dodgers fan and lose Scherzer, about to lose Seager, and haven't found their replacements with only 4 months to go before the season starts.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bunt Ritual said:

I don't think it's a problem of evaluating talent, I actually think they've been pretty good.  The problem is that they seem totally out of touch with how much those  players are worth in the market.

that is also a problem with mlb evaluations. Also a problem because geriatric jerry is cheap

2 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Gotta admit, rather embarrassing to not even see the Sox attached to ANYONE really, that has signed.

"Resting on our laurels, boys. Heck, we made the playoffs 2 years in a row, we are fine!"

Yeah, its deflating at this point that all of the action is happening and nary a Sox mention.  Like, at all.