MLB 2021-2 off season thread

southsider2k5

15 minutes ago, bmags said:

ah, are we back in the thing where we need to handicap the franchise to show the other owners what good little boys we are so we get them onboard to put tighter screws on the MLBPA??

Love it. Great strategy. That's why you become an owner.

Different topic - props to you from weeks ago where you said that the Dec. 1 deadline would produce a ton of movement right beforehand. I thought everyone would wait until after the dust settled and there was a firm agreement.

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Those guys signed for Wheeler money. 

Jack, I suspect JR had to be dragged kicking and screaming for that offer a few years ago. He doesn't like paying pitchers big money (to him, 100m plus is prolly big money). 

The idea that the FO was gonna get him to agree to do that PLUS a big investment at either RF or 2B is not realistic. 

If they want two big splashes they can probably buy one and trade Vaughn or some other big time youngster for the other. They aren't buying both.

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

Here is your RF with recent WS experience.  A lot of pop in his bat.  And he came reasonable.  Just like Jerry wanted.  Here we go.  

If he signs here and we win the World Series in 2022, that is 3 championships in a row for him.  Maybe he's lucky??

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

pal do you think they get anything done today or are waiting for post lockout?

I don't think the lockout has anything to do with it on their end. Conforto is a target and if he agreed today (or tomorrow) its done.

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Ray and Gausman were solid deals, Matz was a steal.

Sad the Sox couldn’t land one of these three, or even attempt to do so.

I still don't see how starting pitching is our biggest weakness.

2B by far is the biggest issue and RF right behind it (although if I have to live with Vaughn there then so be it). 

Since we have a cheap owner, that's where we need to concentrate in using whatever "limited" resources these clowns have. 

6 minutes ago, Pal said:

I don't think the lockout has anything to do with it on their end. Conforto is a target and if he agreed today (or tomorrow) its done.

Anything decent going on on the Kimbrel front?

I get the feeling Conforto won't sign before lockout unless someone hits 100. 

Edited by SoCalChiSox