MLB 2021-2 off season thread

southsider2k5

9 minutes ago, rockren said:

Baez to Tigers per Morosi....good.  If we're not going to make any moves let those competing with us make terrible ones. 

Waaaay better than Correa.

Throw a party. I would have hated watching that asshat cheating scumbag pretentious pea-brained entitled defective morally bankrupt talented shithead bum 19 times a year.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I don't get the Baez hate. He was very good with Mets and has been a 4.5-6 WAR player in 3 of the last 4 years. He is in his prime and as I mentioned earlier - was very good with Mets down the stretch.  I know he has off field / other stuff - but as a pure baseball player - he is very good and physically gifted.  Again - if I'm going to invest - he's the type of talent I don't mind going LT with (with my caveat - he obviously has had some issues in how he has handled himself).  

It’s just in comparison to Correa. Facing Biaz > facing Correa.

5 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

I don't get the Baez hate. He was very good with Mets and has been a 4.5-6 WAR player in 3 of the last 4 years. He is in his prime and as I mentioned earlier - was very good with Mets down the stretch.  I know he has off field / other stuff - but as a pure baseball player - he is very good and physically gifted.  Again - if I'm going to invest - he's the type of talent I don't mind going LT with (with my caveat - he obviously has had some issues in how he has handled himself).  

Yeah he definitely upgrades their team but I’d prefer the Tigers sign him than Correa.

Rodon and Buxton will make life difficult for the Sox in select games.

Minnesota still needs a ton of pitching to return to being a consistent threat to the Sox. The Sox scored 123 runs last year vs. the Twins, vs. 106 vs. Detroit, 81 vs. Cleveland, and 72 vs. Kansas City.

Hopefully the Sox will stop destroying the careers of their own players who are trying to defeat the Twins.

I'm not worry about Rodon haunting White Sox love what he showed last year much props to him but still showed he is not durable going into playoffs. I am more worry what the Tigers are building, expediting their rebuilding plan. It is almost like Tigers making moves White Sox should have made, starting with their manager and making power moves with pitching and hitting, come on White Sox make those counter power moves!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Romeo_Santiago81 said:

I'm not worry about Rodon haunting White Sox love what he showed last year much props to him but still showed he is not durable going into playoffs. I am more worry what the Tigers are building, expediting their rebuilding plan. It is almost like Tigers making moves White Sox should have made, starting with their manager and making power moves with pitching and hitting, come on White Sox make those counter power moves!

Well we could of hired their manager.  But someone needed to right a wrong from the 80s and that trumped winning.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Do people honestly think the Sox are going with Leury or Mendick/Romy at 2B? It's okay to be frustrated but lets not get ridiculous. 

There just aren't many FA available that I'd consider significiant updades at 2B.  Must be a trade.  I am REALLY wanting McNeil from the Mets.

3 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Do people honestly think the Sox are going with Leury or Mendick/Romy at 2B? It's okay to be frustrated but lets not get ridiculous. 

no we think it will be hernandez who will be marginally better (1.4 WAR in ZiPS vs Mendick/Romy 1.3)

3 minutes ago, username said:

I am legitimately worried about that yes

1 minute ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

There just aren't many FA available that I'd consider significiant updades at 2B.  Must be a trade.  I am REALLY wanting McNeil from the Mets.

It's likely a trade. They were in on Eduardo Escobar and didn't choose that route. They have a plan for 2B. I don't know what it is. It doesn't involve Mendick and Romy Gonzalez though. 

5 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Is something close on the Kimbrel trade front that makes you think otherwise? Segura or McNeil perhaps?

Edit: just saw your response.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

Just now, Bob Sacamano said:

Is something close on the Kimbrel trade front that makes you think otherwise? Segura or McNeil perhaps?

No idea. I don't think any trades are happening until after the lockout ends. Teams are focused on free agency. Executives can talk trade during the lockout. 

Just now, Y2Jimmy0 said:

It's likely a trade. They were in on Eduardo Escobar and didn't choose that route. They have a plan for 2B. I don't know what it is. It doesn't involve Mendick and Romy Gonzalez though. 

My post was for the utility role. I do believe the Sox will at minimum pick up Josh Harrison, or in the words of Bob Nightengale, a player "like" Josh Harrsion, perhaps get Segura for Kimbrel.