MLB 2021-2 off season thread

southsider2k5

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Were they in (or thought they were in) on any of the guys that signed?

I'm not really sure. I think they are in on Conforto. I've heard that Hahn/Haber misjudged the market and were blindsided a bit by all of the spending. I've always heard that Reinsdorf wanted to wait until after the lockout for anything significant. That would obviously be a mistake. I don't know what's true. 

2 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Fair enough man. I need to just stay off the internet. I don't have time for angst-ridden White Sox fans with a division favorite. They need to make a few moves. It'll never be enough though. 

Ah man. Don't want to join in on the doom and gloom that the Tigers and Rangers will demolish us? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Fair enough man. I need to just stay off the internet. I don't have time for angst-ridden White Sox fans with a division favorite. They need to make a few moves. It'll never be enough though. 

lol

yes, it's the fans fault that they expected the FO to do what they said they'd do three-two-one years ago.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I don't understand what's particularly angsty about pointing out that our in-house options, or re-signing Leury are possibilities. You just pointed out they had a plan for the offseason and were blindsided. If they want to balance some of their issues, 2b has limited options, and Leury is a switch hitter who with a consistent role had success vs righties for once.

So if they can't execute on a trade, leury is likely going to be a plus defender and bats switch-handed. This is why adam frazier trade was a normal idea, and you also poo pooed that. There is no white knight at 2b with Semien gone.

4 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I've always heard that Reinsdorf wanted to wait until after the lockout for anything significant. That would obviously be a mistake. 

So which is it?

Ok that they haven't done anything, they only need to make a few moves.

or

A mistake that they haven't done anything? 

1 minute ago, bmags said:

I don't understand what's particularly angsty about pointing out that our in-house options, or re-signing Leury are possibilities. You just pointed out they had a plan for the offseason and were blindsided. If they want to balance some of their issues, 2b has limited options, and Leury is a switch hitter who with a consistent role had success vs righties for once.

So if they can't execute on a trade, leury is likely going to be a plus defender and bats switch-handed. This is why adam frazier trade was a normal idea, and you also poo pooed that. There is no white knight at 2b with Semien gone.

Even though I’m frustrated as well, it doesn’t mean they can’t and will not make any moves because they were blindsided. They just need to adjust to it and technically they don’t really need to make a splash. There roster is still pretty dangerous as is.

9 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I don't understand the never be enough part of this-- it's not like year after year the Sox are making splash moves-- they've recently become relatively more aggressive, but good teams make themselves better every season, and favorite in the AL central is just not goin to cut it as is. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DurhamStance said:

I don't understand the never be enough part of this-- it's not like year after year the Sox are making splash moves-- they've recently become relatively more aggressive, but good teams make themselves better every season, and favorite in the AL central is just not goin to cut it as is. 

It’s a crap shoot when you get to the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I think the process is bad. I think they're one of the best teams in the American League regardless though. 

I think we all saw you log-on to tell us all to calm down and you hung around long enough to start complaining yourself 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Even though I’m frustrated as well, it doesn’t mean they can’t and will not make any moves because they were blindsided. They just need to adjust to it and technically they don’t really need to make a splash. There roster is still pretty dangerous as is.

The rest of the league thanks the sox for their complacency.

• Like 1

Just now, Harold's Leg Lift said:

If I were good at the internets I would photoshop Gavin Lux's face on this picture.

th?id=OIP.IGkmpSeLmodCGa7MeLqh8wHaE8&pid

It seemed implausible to me before, but now with Seager gone and Muncy sounding alarms on his injury? I get they could do taylor back, but signing Taylor and trading lux doesn't seem very Friedman like.