MLB 2021-2 off season thread

southsider2k5

12 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

You want me to run a list of trades and free agent signings for established MLB talent that have been made under the Williams/hahn regime? it wont be pretty

Do you want me to run a list of trades and signings that include the following:

Giolito, Moncada, Eloy, Cease, Kopech, Robert, Abreu, Dunning (got us Lynn), traded for Eaton (got us Giolito), Claimed Quintana (got EloyCease), I am sure there is many more.  

4 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Giolito, Moncada, Eloy, Cease, Kopech, Robert, Abreu, Dunning (got us Lynn), traded for Eaton (got us Giolito), Claimed Quintana (got EloyCease), I am sure there is many more.  

You just clearly didn't get the point. Never said they couldn't evaluate MILB talent well. They can. Maybe they should stick to that

6 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Somebody had to develop them too and it wasn't the front office ill tell you that for free

1 hour ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

The guys that built one of the best teams in the American League? 

Exactly.  Before they finished this rebuild, you could question this.  But this front office gets  A LOT more rope after making back to back playoffs, and being a leader for a third.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Exactly.  Before they finished this rebuild, you could question this.  But this front office gets  A LOT more rope after making back to back playoffs, and being a leader for a third.

they had to go through the rebuild because they couldn't find MLB talent. It's really not hard to understand my point 

1 minute ago, whitesoxwinner said:

they had to go through the rebuild because they couldn't find MLB talent. It's really not hard to understand my point 

They also benefited from the rebuild because they were able to find enough MLB talent to turn into a shortcut on the rebuild.  Your point a canyon of a hole in the middle of it. 

34 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

You want me to run a list of trades and free agent signings for established MLB talent that have been made under the Williams/hahn regime? it wont be pretty

Make that list along with that same list for the top 5 orgs that you do think are great at it.  I'd love to see how they compare.

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

So the front office hired the scouts who evaluated the talent, and took the advice of those guys to deal for them.  They also hired the staff who did develop them.  But the front office somehow doesn't deserve credit here?  Bizarre.

"hired the staff that developed them" they can get credit for hiring the staff

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

They also benefited from the rebuild because they were able to find enough MLB talent to turn into a shortcut on the rebuild.  Your point a canyon of a hole in the middle of it. 

MLB talent Dallas keuchel? who makes top 10 starter money? Grandal (great signing) certainly didn't help us "shortcut" when we had James McCann. But keep carrying that water!

2 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

no, they didn't "shortcut" the rebuild

So correctly evaluating Adam Eaton, Jose Quintana, and Chris Sale for trades didn't help the rebuild at all?  Especially when the sold at absolute peak value on Q and Eaton for sure, and probably sold peak value on Sale (pre-surgery and gigantic extension).  That isn't MLB talent evaluation?

Um, sure.