southsider2k5

MLB 2021-2 off season thread

2 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

Remember when White Fence Farm in Colorado closed and people (i.e. me) were ready to cry because we thought it was the one off I-55.   Damn that Twitter. 

Glad I never heard of that till now, would have been a very sad day.

Still Jonesing after my hot dog days of long ago (Wally's, Nickie's and Bowser Dog). Superdawg and Costco the two primary places left that serve much better hot dogs than the ubiquitous Vienna.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Knebel hasn't closed for a few years but was pretty good last year. I wonder if this takes the Phillies out of the Kimbrel market.

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Knebel hasn't closed for a few years but was pretty good last year. I wonder if this takes the Phillies out of the Kimbrel market.

Now Dombrowski can say they are trading for Kimbrel to be the Phillies' setup guy....that way Dave can offer a lot less. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Likely set-up man

Also if Knebel is getting $10 million a year, the market for Tepera will probably be 2-3 years at $7-8 million per year. 

9 minutes ago, Whisox05 said:

I wonder if Hahn checked in on Taylor and heard Dodgers were gonna resign...and that is what drew the quick trigger on Leury. 

1 hour ago, EloyJenkins said:

I wonder if Hahn checked in on Taylor and heard Dodgers were gonna resign...and that is what drew the quick trigger on Leury. 

Or he got their money request.

I’m sure Sox twitter will react rationally to Stroman signing with the Cubs, which seems like it’s going to happen.

20 minutes ago, fathom said:

I’m sure Sox twitter will react rationally to Stroman signing with the Cubs, which seems like it’s going to happen.

He was high on my list last offseason before the TLR news broke.  If Stro goes to the northside that will be a tough pill to swallow.

Just now, Harold's Leg Lift said:

and their 2B defense.  

Ha I’ve seen some people suggest Madrigal will DH.  Nico is way better than him at 2nd.

Just now, reiks12 said:

Our 2B is Leury Garcia

Fuck, I need to clear my schedule to watch opening day tomorrow

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Ha I’ve seen some people suggest Madrigal will DH.  Nico is way better than him at 2nd.

Now that would be funny.  Nico is way better than him everywhere.

1 minute ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Now that would be funny.  Nico is way better than him everywhere.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re more “in” on Story or Correa than has been reported.