MLB 2021-2 off season thread

southsider2k5

19 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

IDK, it seems like he is interested in the West coast. He even limited the Nationals to the West before he was traded.

I dontthink that should be much of an issue if the money is right. It's not like he has to move to Chicago permanently,  and MLB players always rank Chicago their favorite.  Plus, the Sox train in AZ. Scherzer would be a franchise altering signing.

Just now, Dick Allen said:

I dontthink that should be much of an issue if the money is right. It's not like he has to move to Chicago permanently,  and MLB players always rank Chicago their favorite.  Plus, the Sox train in AZ. Scherzer would be a franchise altering signing.

Many people are saying this

Just now, Dick Allen said:

I think he winds up back with the Dodgers, but he has to look at the Sox if they are in on him and think with his addition it's a team that should dominate.

Oh I’m with you, it’s just been my running fascination this offseason with player preferences and hearing how big of a deal Florida ST is, but never hearing same about AZ.

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

So doing some online sleuthing, it appears that Scherzer lives in Virginia, so not sure why the West Coast teams would have a geographical advantage.

Also, it just so happens that Max and his wife are members of the Humane Rescue Alliance and own multiple rescue dogs.  Seems like there is another important guy in the org who is big on dogs 🤔

• Love 1

Just now, bmags said:

Oh I’m with you, it’s just been my running fascination this offseason with player preferences and hearing how big of a deal Florida ST is, but never hearing same about AZ.

They probably live in FL. Spring Training location is a pretty big deal, Many players live in the offseason near their teams facility so they can use it in the winter and spend an extra 6 weeks at home. For a west coast guy, unless they actually live near LA where driving to and from a gane can really be a problem, training in Phienix and spending you summer winning in Chicaho should be pretty attractive. 

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

So doing some online sleuthing, it appears that Scherzer lives in Virginia, so not sure why the West Coast teams would have a geographical advantage.

Also, it just so happens that Max and his wife are members of the Humane Rescue Alliance and own multiple rescue dogs.  Seems like there is another important guy in the org who is big on dogs 🤔

You forgot that TLR is the devil. Working with animals means nothing when you are Satan. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Unfortunately, I had to report you for posting this. That movie was cancelled for a reason. 

I’m too young to know the context and was just trying to capture the spirit of the song… which is an appropriate loop soundtrack for this agonizing wait.