MLB 2021-2 off season thread

southsider2k5

23 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

After thinking about it some more, I think 7 years is too much for a guy that is 31 years old. That contract takes him to 38 years old. I wouldn’t give that out to someone that’s only had 2 good years and he’s going to a large ballpark.

Semien hit a ton of pull home runs last year and I don't think the size of Globe Life Park will help him.

That said the Rangers have hit on long deals with guys over 30 before. Beltre's 5 year deal when he was 31 worked out great for them. He ended up being productive for 8 years for them. He's also a much better player than Semien though. 

1 hour ago, Pal said:

Shared with a couple on here that last night I got a text that a big name was pretty much signed (not with the Sox) and that a lot of pieces would fall into place today. Seems like solid info. Same person says Kimbrel deal close, FWIW.

Thanks Pal!  Is the big piece a bat or pitcher?

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Thanks Pal!  Is the big piece a bat or pitcher?

If you read his post again he said not with the Sox so I’m thinking what he meant by that was the big name he heard that was signing is Marcus Semien signing with the Rangers.

Edited by maloney.adam

12 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

If you read his post again he said not with the Sox so I’m thinking what he meant by that was the big name he heard that was signing is Marcus Semien signing with the Rangers.

This morning I assumed it was Scherzer with the news he was close. Still think that's the case.