MLB 2021-2 off season thread

southsider2k5

Tampa still has cash.

Raley, 33, was one of the top lefty relievers on the market this winter. Since 2020, he’s posted a 31.8 K% and 7.6 BB% in 69 innings for the Reds and Astros. That strikeout rate ranks 22nd among all relievers during that time among those with at least 60 innings pitched.

1 hour ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I'm a "glass half full" kind of guy.  

I honestly think we are much better than we played in the Astros series and health was one of our biggest downfalls this past season. 

I also think that there is room to grow for many of your young players (Eloy, Robert, Vaughn, Moncada) and what we saw last season is not the ceiling for everyone of these guys. 

I also think that our current starting rotation situation is in way better shape than many want to give credit for.   I'd love to have another frontline starter, but that's a luxury at this point.  

Invest in the bullpen.  Trade Kimbrel for a 2B.   I'm fine with with Vaughn in RF.  Extend TA and Giollito. 

If thats your offseason, enjoy another first round exit.  TA and Giolito will not provide a deep discount.  I doubt if JR has the stones to give them a fair market deal.  

21 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

Who on Earth is it who cares so much about white sox fans believing that the front office is working hard? Even if he's completely making all this up, why would he think that's something he should push literally every trade deadline and offseason?

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Who on Earth is it who cares so much about white sox fans believing that the front office is working hard? Even if he's completely making all this up, why would he think that's something he should push literally every trade deadline and offseason?

the front office cares about the public perception. In order to keep his source Cishek probably says whatever they want him to say. And they want sox fans to think they're being aggressive and working hard, which signals to me they're trying to save face for when nothing happens before the lockout.

Edited by whitesoxwinner

5 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

the front office cares about the public perception. In order to keep his source Cishek probably says whatever they want him to say. And they want sox fans to think they're being aggressive and working hard, which signals to me they're trying to save face for when nothing happens before the lockout.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

obviously he says they are working hard because he wants people that follow him to believe that action is possible, urgent and continuing to engage in his charade. If he said they weren't working on anything, then why pay attention to the white sox fake insider acct? They are always working hard! Close to a deal!

1 minute ago, whitesoxwinner said:

lmaooo you guys will trust the likes of harold's left leg but wont trust cishek who has proven to be right time and again, just picking and choosing who you want to believe 😂

I believe anything that is intimated as insider info. Even TRL airplane sightings.