MLB 2021-2 off season thread

southsider2k5

so many good gems in that article 

It’s unclear whether or not Segura ever followed the Phillies’ official account, but he doesn’t now, nor does he follow the Phillie Phanatic on Instagram. He still follows the MLB official Instagram account, as well as many of his Phillies teammates, including Bryce Harper, Ranger Suárez, and Rhys Hoskins. As such, it’s hard to imagine he never followed the account of the team he’s played for since 2019.

4 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

You sure about that? Or just a hunch? Maybe because of the ....... at the end of the tweet.

He's followed by a Fox News correspondent and Jim Duquette, so sure, he probably knows media people. Otherwise...there is not a single thing that indicates that this man is a baseball insider.

There is no way Sox are trading Kimbrel for Segura straight up.  I get that there contracts line up (cost wise) so I think that is probably a move the Phillies make, but Sox paying that much per year for a 2B seems odd.  He is a good player though, but I feel like a lot of his value comes from the premium defensive position he plays so you lose some of that moving him to 2B.  

4 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Whatever man, I can post whatever I want on this board including speculation. It’s a free board. If someone has a problem with it or myself they should just send me a DM or something. Lol

Look if you want to post whatever you want with no critical evaluation of what you post, then stop getting mad when people laugh at it.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Who keeps laughing at my posts. What’s so fucking funny about them? 

Mahoney is clearly using reverse psychology here in order to get laugh emojis so he wins the day. He is a clear frontrunner for winning the day now.

We can't let him get away with this! Everybody, like my post here and any others I make today so we can assure this cheater doesn't win the day.

Edited by ron883

8 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Whatever man, I can post whatever I want on this board including speculation. It’s a free board. If someone has a problem with it or myself they should just send me a DM or something. Lol

I enjoy the speculative tweets you share and hope you continue to do so. I also hope you can ignore the condescending reactions that some of the super duper smart folks on here provide.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The angels being a top 5 destination for seemingly every free agent along with having an owner who spends along with drafting the player of our generation and being able to sign another player of our generation for dirt cheap 

and still sucking every year is something to behold I tell ya

One thing that annoys me is how for many free agents it comes out of people like Heyman that they want to make sure ST is in Florida...but on the opposite side it will just be "wants to play for a west coast team".

Like they'll play in Detroit so long as Spring Training is in Florida. But anyway spring training in Arizona seems to have zero benefit to west coast peeps for our sox.

5 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

the front office has continually showed us for the past 15 years they aren't good at evaluating MLB talent outside of grandal and Lynn. Their strategy of trading their most valuable assets for relievers is nuts. This offseason will be no different

The guys that built one of the best teams in the American League? 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

15 minutes ago, bmags said:

One thing that annoys me is how for many free agents it comes out of people like Heyman that they want to make sure ST is in Florida...but on the opposite side it will just be "wants to play for a west coast team".

Like they'll play in Detroit so long as Spring Training is in Florida. But anyway spring training in Arizona seems to have zero benefit to west coast peeps for our sox.

I'd love to see something come out that says so and so "prefers the tall buildings of Chicago."

• Haha 2