White Sox with interesting names ranked Top 50 postseason players

caulfield12

Especially Anderson so high, but no Moncada…as per recent comparisons.

Hendriks, Robert with high ranks, Abreu #30 and Jimenez included, somewhat surprisingly.

Also, no Giolito, Kimbrel (not a shock), Grandal, Rodon or Cease.

https://www.mlb.com/news/ranking-top-players-in-2021-mlb-playoffs?partnerId=zh-20211004-479280-mlb-1-A&qid=1026&utm_id=zh-20211004-479280-mlb-1-A&bt_ee=gGjeHNbZZ5J7RAm1Rs22t6i94bbTFFXLGt5ej5WJOiSx0eXdE6vmVOz6UFvdh9yz&bt_ts=1633353602461

I think the Grandal non rank is the biggest error on our team. Kimbrel as well, though he hasn't been as dominant with the Sox, he was the best closer in the NL outside of Hader, so the Sox have the next 2 after Hader IMO. 

Grandal has carried the Sox the last month, he should certainly be in the top 50. 

43 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

It's honestly such a bad list.

So very bad. Lucas tossed a two hitter through 7 last year, his omission is completely absurd. Far more valuable than Eloy, at least this season, heading into the playoffs.

If you're in a playground picking players based on their form today, my selections would be ordered as follows:

Lucas, Anderson, Robert, Lynn, Grandal, Moncada, Hendriks, Abreu, Cease, Kopech, Rodon (Higher if healthy), Eloy.

Just goes to show how Timmy nationally is pretty much equal to the stature (if not ahead) of guys like Lindor, Correa and Seager…whereas Moncada is almost an afterthought to many who aren’t knowledgeable about baseball, especially advanced metrics.

Perceptions.

It will make Anderson’s eventual contract negotiations before his age 31/32 season very interesting, indeed.

Also, the Nationals were idiots for criminally undervaluing Trea Turner.

2 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Kinda how they criminally overvalued Adam Eaton?

That’s one of those deals like the Cubs and Heyward…well, he helped win them a WS title, so that can never be completely dismissed.  We were fortunate he was both healthy for close to a full year and piled up so many outfield assists and strong numbers in RF on both sides that his value was temporarily sky high.

1 hour ago, TheCommish said:

I think the Grandal non rank is the biggest error on our team. Kimbrel as well, though he hasn't been as dominant with the Sox, he was the best closer in the NL outside of Hader, so the Sox have the next 2 after Hader IMO. 

Grandal has carried the Sox the last month, he should certainly be in the top 50. 

I guess they only had one catcher, Dodgers’ Will Smith…who they said was the best in the game, and he was pretty low.  Would have to look again, but pretty sure no Posey or Narvaez, either.

For Sox fans, ironic to hear that #50 could have also been Yelich or Avi.