Lynn to start Game 1, Giolito Game 2

bmags

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Can you expand on what you feel that way?  Honestly curious.  

Maybe I am wrong but Giolito is a creature of habit and likes to go on 4 days rest.  I am not certain if he has ever pitched on three days rest...although I am not certain if Lynn has either.

I think if Giolito's stuff is not there on a given day he will get hit hard while Lynn can get by more on guile.  Similar to when Kimbrel gets hit, it is a run or two as opposed to a full blown implosion of an outing.  

I also could see Lynn being better out of the pen in a  game 4 than Giolito and then Giolito has game five. 

To me Lynn has the better makeup to be a better pitcher when the circumstances are more chaotic.  I have no science behind this other than watching them for a number of years.

22 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Maybe I am wrong but Giolito is a creature of habit and likes to go on 4 days rest.  I am not certain if he has ever pitched on three days rest...although I am not certain if Lynn has either.

I think if Giolito's stuff is not there on a given day he will get hit hard while Lynn can get by more on guile.  Similar to when Kimbrel gets hit, it is a run or two as opposed to a full blown implosion of an outing.  

I also could see Lynn being better out of the pen in a  game 4 than Giolito and then Giolito has game five. 

To me Lynn has the better makeup to be a better pitcher when the circumstances are more chaotic.  I have no science behind this other than watching them for a number of years.

Ah, got it. So when you stated your opinion as a fact earlier it was in fact just an opinion like everyone else was giving. Understood.

The contents of this post are meaningless and is just superstitious bullshit, but...

Lance Lynn during Fox broadcasts this year:

15 IP, 19 H, 16 ER, 19 SO, 3 BB, 4 HR, 9.60 ERA, 1.46 WHIP

Lance Lynn during Fox broadcasts with AJ Pierzynski in the booth:

10 IP, 12 ER, 10.80 ERA. 

Edited by chw42
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, chw42 said:

The contents of this post are meaningless and is just superstitious bullshit, but...

Lance Lynn during Fox broadcasts this year:

15 IP, 19 H, 16 ER, 19 SO, 3 BB, 4 HR, 9.60 ERA, 1.46 WHIP

Lance Lynn during Fox broadcasts with AJ Pierzynski in the booth:

10 IP, 12 ER, 10.80 ERA. 

Why the fuck would you post this man, this is on YOU if tomorrow bombs

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If Rodon can’t pitch and we’re going with a three man rotation then this makes more sense to me.  Let’s Giolito pitch on regular rest for game 5 (if needed) and limits Lynn to only one start in Houston.

I know it’s too far ahead, but if Rodon can’t go they better have a different plan than a 3 man rotation and everyone on 3 days rest against the Rays.

9 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I know it’s too far ahead, but if Rodon can’t go they better have a different plan than a 3 man rotation and everyone on 3 days rest against the Rays.

That’s totally fair, although I kind of meant if Rodon just can’t go this series.  Agree if he’s out all of October then everyone going on short rest is dangerous.