NLDS- Dodgers/Giants

flavum

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

True umps as usual interjecting themselves into the game.

Yep.  Shameful.  It's amazing how a powerful union can keep all these guys employed.  Some of them are fucking down right awful at their profession and there are zero consequences for it.  Calls like that should able to be challenged and robo strike zone can't come soon enough.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

That wasn’t even close. That’s the type of call that needs rules to be changed because of.

The funny part is I literally saw it live and when I saw the ump ring him up he looked like he was out of position and barely paying attention. No idea why that can’t be reviewed. Literally none. I still can’t get over that…I mean who knows what could have happened. 

On 10/12/2021 at 6:32 PM, kitekrazy said:

4 hours ago, pettie4sox said:

Dodgers and Astros confirmed, this is soooo predictable lol

Flores probably still Ks but still.  Awful fucking call

MLB would love Boston vs LA, two of the biggest fan bases and storied franchises head to head but yep, probably Astro vs Dodgers.

Go Dodgers!

Edited by MexSoxFan#1
Didn't mean to quote kitekrazy

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

That wasn’t even close. That’s the type of call that needs rules to be changed because of.

That's the type of call that really should get more tech in and less consistent human error out.  Literally ruined about 6 months of genuinely interesting and pretty historic back-and-forth rivalry baseball and the biggest storyline of the entire season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

MLB would love Boston vs LA, two of the biggest fan bases and and storied franchises head to head but yep, probably Astro vs Dodgers.

Go Dodgers!

Being that McCullers is out - I think it’s 100% going to be Red Sox / Dodgers

10 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

The funny part is I literally saw it live and when I saw the ump ring him up he looked like he was out of position and barely paying attention. No idea why that can’t be reviewed. Literally none. I still can’t get over that…I mean who knows what could have happened. 

So bad.

6 hours ago, pettie4sox said:

Mookie beating up on the Red Sox would be pretty hilarious ending to the season.  Two WC teams making it to the WS, crazy.

Proves the worth of the season is absolute garbage, and owners are plotting to make it completely irrelevant.

There should be no Wild Cards. Drop the two teams without a fan base (Tampa and Miami), return to four seven team divisions, and restore integrity to the season.

Wild Card "World" Champions (aka teams not good enough to win a 5 team division)

• 1997 Florida Marlins
  • 2002 Anaheim Angels
  • 2003 Florida Marlins (2 WS, 0 Division Titles in their existence)
  • 2004 Boston Red Sox
  • 2006 Saint Louis Cardinals (The all time shittiest qualifier, .515 winning percentage)
  • 2011 Saint Louis Cardinals
  • 2014 San Francisco Giants
  • 2019 Washington Nationals

If Boston or Los Angeles win this year, wild cards will have won 1/3 or .333 of all World Series during this era, despite the fact they are .250 or the teams in the playoffs, and weren't good enough to beat four teams in the regular season. MLB's solution, have 10 wild card teams and make the regular season completely irrelevant.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

50 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Proves the worth of the season is absolute garbage, and owners are plotting to make it completely irrelevant.

There should be no Wild Cards. Drop the two teams without a fan base (Tampa and Miami), return to four seven team divisions, and restore integrity to the season.

Wild Card "World" Champions (aka teams not good enough to win a 5 team division)

• 1997 Florida Marlins
  • 2002 Anaheim Angels
  • 2003 Florida Marlins (2 WS, 0 Division Titles in their existence)
  • 2004 Boston Red Sox
  • 2006 Saint Louis Cardinals (The all time shittiest qualifier, .515 winning percentage)
  • 2011 Saint Louis Cardinals
  • 2014 San Francisco Giants
  • 2019 Washington Nationals

If Boston or Los Angeles win this year, wild cards will have won 1/3 or .333 of all World Series during this era, despite the fact they are .250 or the teams in the playoffs, and weren't good enough to beat four teams in the regular season. MLB's solution, have 10 wild card teams and make the regular season completely irrelevant.

The better answer is to get rid of divisions.  The Dodgers were the best team in baseball and won 106 games. They are more deserving of a playoff spot and championship than a team that wins 88 games but won their division.

The 2006 Cardinals got in because of winning a garbage division, ever weren’t a wild card.