ALDS Game 1- White Sox/Astros, 3:07 GAME THREAD

flavum

6 minutes ago, mqr said:

I don't think that's happening at all. The only advantage I see anyone giving the Astros is that they're at home and it's otherwise a coinflip

Their home and their offense is deaper/better.  But our pitching should be superior. Gotta shut them down!  

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin

1 minute ago, mqr said:

I don't think that's happening at all. The only advantage I see anyone giving the Astros is that they're at home and it's otherwise a coinflip

The betting lines also favor the Astros at -134 on the Win line and the Sox +115 and the run line +1 for the Sox? 

3 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

The betting lines also favor the Astros at -134 on the Win line and the Sox +115 and the run line +1 for the Sox? 

That’s pretty standard home field betting lines. The run line also favors the Sox pretty heavily for being a run line. 

Edited by mqr

3 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

coinflip odds pretty much with the favor to the home team.  It was +150 just two days ago so the odds changed a lot already in our favor.

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin

22 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Tickets still available for Sox fans in Texas or at O'Hare or Midway.

The ticket availability in Houston isn't as bad looking as the one in Tampa.   They decided to open the upper deck and it's about 10% sold. 

Have your prime time game MLB! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Good news, my brother's 83 inch OLED has been delivered and set up on time for game 1.

Nice, have a 65 inch OLED. Amazing how much better the picture is in comparison to a regular TV do to the blacks actually being black with no back light.

Wish these games were in 4k though.

3 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

I wonder if Hamilton is healthy enough to hit left handed and if so is he in LF today over Garcia?

Have to have every leftie in this game to try and neutralize the slider.

but Garcia is a switch hitter why would he play over him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

I wonder if Hamilton is healthy enough to hit left handed and if so is he in LF today over Garcia?

Have to have every leftie in this game to try and neutralize the slider.

I don't see Hamilton getting any starts, he'll be reserved for a late substitution either running and/or defensively.

Eloy Luis and Leury are likely starting in the OF today.

22 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Nice, have a 65 inch OLED. Amazing how much better the picture is in comparison to a regular TV do to the blacks actually being black with no back light.

Wish these games were in 4k though.

They are!

https://www.sportsvideo.org/2021/10/07/mlb-postseason-2021-fox-sports-to-televise-all-playoff-games-in-4k-hdr-megalodon-to-make-playoff-debut/

• Thanks 1