ALDS Game 1- White Sox/Astros, 3:07 GAME THREAD

flavum

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

That's not how this works. They are ready to go, McCullers is a great pitcher and Houston owns Lynn. He should have never started this game even with Rodon only playing once. It should have been Giolito and Rodon based on recent events. 

Should've been Giolito (like 99% of the board said) with Ropech in GM2, with Lynn at home for 3

• Like 1

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

That's not how this works. They are ready to go, McCullers is a great pitcher and Houston owns Lynn. He should have never started this game even with Rodon only playing once. It should have been Giolito and Rodon based on recent events. 

I actually think Carlos is gonna be dominant if he starts and have his juice back. It may be a fairy tale opinion, but I just think the guy was holding back and if his arm is actually healthy it was just dead arm and he'll be so juiced up his velocity will be there.

Gotta get to their bullpen so I disagree with AJ that they should be more aggressive early in the count 2nd time through the lineup.  McCullers stuff looks good and the ump is giving him a big strike zone...got to get his pitch count up and get him out of there.  Lynn or whoever else has to keep Houston at 3 though.

3 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Wild pitch was the killer there 

Combined with dreaded lead off walk. 2nd lead off walk in game have both scor3d. Sox weakness at catching defense also exposed.  Guess fastball pitcher Lynn vs best fastball hitting team in MLB was not a good match for the Sox to begin with.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I actually think Carlos is gonna be dominant if he starts and have his juice back. It may be a fairy tale opinion, but I just think the guy was holding back and if his arm is actually healthy it was just dead arm and he'll be so juiced up his velocity will be there.

He dominated Boston with good velo as recently as 3 weeks ago. I think he can still get it up there for one more outing. 

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Shit ain’t over, McCullers is a little b**** who’s about to hang a couple sliders and put us back in the ballgame.  And now that chitownsportsfan has quit the game in the 3rd inning the baseball gods shall reward with some much needed runs.

Yep. Remember when we were up 3-0 against Oakland last year?

• Love 1

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

He dominated Boston with good velo as recently as 3 weeks ago. I think he can still get it up there for one more outing. 

He was very effective in Toronto with severely diminished velo/stuff, too. Carlos doesn't need his best stuff to be effective, even against a lineup this good.

Edited by maxjusttyped