ALDS Game 1- White Sox/Astros, 3:07 GAME THREAD

flavum

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Isn't the bolded...a bad thing?

In the current MLB, yeah. But we somehow have great batting average on ground balls. It's worked all year, even if it means hitting into a lot of double plays and not being able to drive guys in from third. 

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Eloy is a bad first week of April from his career wRC+ dropping below Madrigal's. Maybe he'll get there, but expecting Eloy to be a great hitter does require some wish casting, at this point

Yep he’s basically playing as badly as possible for someone with his ability. 

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

What about this game changes with HFA?  Is Lynn throwing a shutout?  Is McCullers hittable?  Otherwise it literally doesn't matter here.

Yeah, this honestly. We haven't showed up today in any phase. We're just getting outplayed. I don't think the venue changes any of it. 

6 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

it's less about the talent and more about the coaching and training staff imo, they've hired a bunch of overpaid interns to run this team apparently.  night and day compared to the cre of the AL

What are you talking about? Lol

Edited by maloney.adam

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

What about this game changes with HFA?  Is Lynn throwing a shutout?  Is McCullers hittable?  Otherwise it literally doesn't matter here.

I don't know, but the Sox played to a 106 win pace at home and an ~80 win pace on the road. I would have liked to find out what changes, personally, because we know both of these teams are much better at home than on the road.

• Like 1

Just now, Friend of Nordhagen said:

I don't get that sense. I do think our guys get back into it at home and ride that wave.

That's how irrational, youthful confidence operates, and that's our real advantage in this series.

Its about the guy on the mound.

Astros had their advantage today and took it.

We have ours tomorrow.....lf we take advantage then its anyone's series.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

For whatever reason this team plays much better at home.  That is just a fact.

• Like 1

The thing about the offense is we always knew McCullers was gonna be good. These are the types of game you win 1-0/2-1. This needed to be a pitchers duel to have a chance. Would Gio have done that? I’d say his history against Houston leans to probably yes. Starting Lynn first was always suspect