ALDS Game 1- White Sox/Astros, 3:07 GAME THREAD

flavum

5 minutes ago, T R U said:

Why isn’t Lopez being left out there?!

Yeah I definitely let Reylo finish the 6th and bring him out again for the 7th if he does successfully. I guess these guys haven’t pitched in awhile.

Just now, ShoeLessRob said:

It’s frustrating when the crusty old HoF baseball person continues to put the team in terrible positions to win and the players fall into the narrative that they can’t beat over .500 teams. 

It’s rinse and repeat. 

The players think they can't beat teams over .500?  I missed the quotes that said, "Glad we won the division, maybe next year we can win in the playoffs."  Some of you need to drink more or something.  Did LaRussa force them to chase balls out of the zone and struggle with breaking stuff?  Should he have asked Dusty not to pitch McCullers to make it better?  I wouldn't have started Lynn either but losing 1-0 or 10-0 is no different

1 minute ago, Flash Tizzle said:

It never made sense that they punted HFA, considering how well they play at home. I’d rather have a 80% healthy roster at home than a 100% healthy roster on the road. If it meant several of these guys playing through some nagging injuries, oh well. They have time to rest in the postseason. But by the body language and approach to game 1, they may be all resting pretty soon

You’ve followed the organization enough to know that when they try to do something like rest starters or adjust rotation to face certain teams, it always backfires

• Haha 1

Just now, Wisebri224 said:

The players think they can't beat teams over .500?  I missed the quotes that said, "Glad we won the division, maybe next year we can win in the playoffs."  Some of you need to drink more or something.  Did LaRussa force them to chase balls out of the zone and struggle with breaking stuff?  Should he have asked Dusty not to pitch McCullers to make it better?  I wouldn't have started Lynn either but losing 1-0 or 10-0 is no different

This board has an IQ of about -20. 

Just now, Wisebri224 said:

They’re losing to a better team today based on match-up 

1 minute ago, Soxbadger said:

I hate to break it to people, but the manager didnt lose this game. The players did.

Other than Lynn starting, which...damned if you do or don't, really, with as fragile as the pitching is now...yeah, TLR actually isn't to blame. This debacle is on the lack of plan whatsoever vs McCullers, combined with Lynn keeping his "shitty vs Houston" trend alive and well.

8 minutes ago, Flash Tizzle said:

If this series goes to 5 games, guess who we’re facing again? In Houston. Better learn from this game because their offensive approach has been terrible. 

We will need to win three in a row to avoid that scenario. Not an easy task.

2 minutes ago, Wisebri224 said:

I wouldn’t have either and anticipated a loss. But they look terrible on all phases of the game, so yes I think there is a difference between 1-0 and 10-0. 1-0 at least a few aspects of their game must have been working, 10-0 (or 6-0 in this case) shows how either ill prepared or worse they are.