ALDS Game 1- White Sox/Astros, 3:07 GAME THREAD

flavum

10 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

This X 1,000. 

Too many clueless fans following this team lately.  

You’re the expert, huh? We’ll see who is right after this series and with what happens in the offseason.

13 minutes ago, Wisebri224 said:
2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

The Sox should look at every starting position player on their roster and ask would this guy start for the Astros, Rays, Doders, Giants. etc. Engel and Leury are resounding no's. Same (obliviously) goes for Cesar and he was their plan A plan at 2B for this year and next, which obliviously isn't good enough.

This is just not sensible.  Take a look at the Giants starting lineup below and tell me who on the Sox you would replace:

Are you really saying the Sox can't compete with guys like Wilmer Flores, Donovan Solano, and Lamonte Wade (Giants starters in the past 2 weeks)?  Seriously, there are very few teams in MLB that have All Stars 1-9 in their lineup.  Would you have taken the Astros CF before today?  Jordan Luplow, Manuel Margot, Kevin Kiermaier?  Get a grip it is ONE GAME.

Let’s see if you’re right after this series. Some of us are not fucking clueless, there have to be changes in the offseason. It just happens in baseball.

5 minutes ago, Wisebri224 said:

The players think they can't beat teams over .500?  I missed the quotes that said, "Glad we won the division, maybe next year we can win in the playoffs."  Some of you need to drink more or something.  Did LaRussa force them to chase balls out of the zone and struggle with breaking stuff?  Should he have asked Dusty not to pitch McCullers to make it better?  I wouldn't have started Lynn either but losing 1-0 or 10-0 is no different

I remember beating the Dodgers in game #1 of the 1959 World Series 11-0.  Nobody has won anything yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoxBlanco said:

This is exactly why I wanted Lynn in game 1 and Giolito in game 2. Some people here are acting like the series is over. Everyone said we wanted to leave Houston with 1 win, and that’s still very possible. 

Some of the people might think it’s a wild card game 

2 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

I wouldn’t have either and anticipated a loss. But they look terrible on all phases of the game, so yes I think there is a difference between 1-0 and 10-0. 1-0 at least a few aspects of their game must have been working, 10-0 (or 6-0 in this case) shows how either ill prepared or worse they are. 

My takeaway is you throw Gio instead and lose 1-0 or 2-1 and then think about Lynn in game 2 when he sucks in Houston, that's a problem.  They threw their best today.  We throw our hottest pitcher tomorrow in a place where he has had success.  We need 1.

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

You’re the expert, huh? We’ll see who is right after this series and with what happens in the offseason.

Let’s see if you’re right after this series. Some of us are not fucking clueless, there have to be changes in the offseason. It just happens in baseball.

There always needs to be changes, but you aren't going to be perfect at every position all the time.  Vaughn still could be that guy in right, or maybe it's Cespedes or someone else.  There will be 2B to be had in FA.  Not clueless, but I would say overreacting a tad;).  No expert, just looking at other teams and seeing they all have some chinks in the armor.   

2 minutes ago, Wisebri224 said:

My takeaway is you throw Gio instead and lose 1-0 or 2-1 and then think about Lynn in game 2 when he sucks in Houston, that's a problem.  They threw their best today.  We throw our hottest pitcher tomorrow in a place where he has had success.  We need 1.

I see your logic. I may not agree, but I see it. Let’s just hope for the best.