ALDS Game 1- White Sox/Astros, 3:07 GAME THREAD

flavum

11 minutes ago, fathom said:

You’ve followed the organization enough to know that when they try to do something like rest starters or adjust rotation to face certain teams, it always backfires

The purpose of spring training is to have enough consistent work in preparation for the season. Why was this concept all the sudden ignored for the positional players coming off injuries? Especially before the playoffs where we would be expected to face talented pitching. The amount of rest was absurd, and many mentioned it would affect them later. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

I hate to break it to people, but the manager didnt lose this game. The players did.

But he didn’t help either, punting HFA and not starting Giolito.  Lynn has been terrible against the Astros which are the best fastball hitting team in the majors.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Does Houston not hit Lynn in Chicago?  Do the Sox hit McCullers in Chicago?  I don't see it.

Yes...both things happen.  Lynn pitches better when he can smell those onions.  The same throw off McCullers because, as a vegan, he knows they are going to be used on hot dogs or polishes.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

But he didn’t help either, punting HFA and not starting Giolito.  Lynn has been terrible against the Astros which are the best fastball hitting team in the majors.

I must have watched a different game where it isnt 6-0.

Not sure what people keep saying about Lynn. Did you not want him on the roster for this series? 

1 hour ago, chisoxt said:

All the flashing arrows and signs had Gio starting in game 1 but ole TLR decides otherwise

I agree with that.  Problem is when you score 0 runs it doesn't matter who starts. 

Edited by Sox80

5 minutes ago, The Beast said:

That’s more like it then. A fair response. I know it’s one game, but given their track record from last year in the postseason and their record since the break, you can see why some of us are pissed and overreacting?

Absolutely.  This was totally frustrating, but we are really solid in a whole lot of places.  I was just trying to say that all of these teams have holes, ours just looked a lot worse today:)

• Like 1