ALDS Game 1- White Sox/Astros, 3:07 GAME THREAD

flavum

3 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Having a sub 3 era earns you playoff starts. There is no legitimate argument that Lynn wasnt starting game 1 or 2. It just wasnt happening. 

Yes, but look at his home/road splits vs the Astros. It wasn't reasonable to think starting him at Houston would produce any different result than what we got.

There's no reason it couldn't have gone Giolito/Rodon/Lynn/Cease and have Kopech and Lopez to back up Rodon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HakunaMachado said:

Happy to help bud. Now we need to win tomorrow. I need to fly in from Florida and can’t book on a moments notice!

Yup.  I’m actually in Vegas on Sunday, but plan to fly into Chicago if the timing works rather than fly home to Chicago.  Just got to hope we win tomorrow so we can plan accordingly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

is that it? I have no idea.

Open or closed, Grandal's hit wouldn't have been a homer in any stadium except maybe Coors. He hit it hard, but not hard enough to hit it out with a 20 degree launch angle. 

4 minutes ago, chw42 said:

That was all about timing. He should have read the room. You can make that trade when the other team isn't in the opposing dugout. IIRC, they had also just came back against them the night before. Just really bad timing. 

I agree with you. That was the Mariners first move of the trade deadline, too. If they dealt Graveman *after* acquiring Castillo and Tyler Anderson then the reaction to that trade would have been a lot different.

2 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Yes, but look at his home/road splits vs the Astros. It wasn't reasonable to think starting him at Houston would produce any different result than what we got.

There's no reason it couldn't have gone Giolito/Rodon/Lynn/Cease and have Kopech and Lopez to back up Rodon.

If you want to ignore Rodon's health issues, sure. But with his arm right now Lynn was going game 1 or 2.

4 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

My next 2 pitchers would be Giolito and Cease at this point. No party no disco. No fooling