ALDS Game 1- White Sox/Astros, 3:07 GAME THREAD

flavum

Just now, kwill said:

I think we just got beat by a McCullers who was throwing strikes with his breaking ball. Most if not all teams will have trouble with McCullers when he is throwing his breaking ball for strikes.

He also got the benefit of some borderline calls. I've seen him get roughed up and its when he can't locate the breaking ball and needs to rely on the fastball. He can't spot that as well and can get beat. I bet that was the Sox plan of attack but it didn't work out.

I want to know why they didn't seemingly try to adapt. Crowd the plate and take away the inside. Look for the ball outside - mostly what he did was throw offspeed away all game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, almagest said:

He also got the benefit of some borderline calls. I've seen him get roughed up and its when he can't locate the breaking ball and needs to rely on the fastball. He can't spot that as well and can get beat. I bet that was the Sox plan of attack but it didn't work out.

I want to know why they didn't seemingly try to adapt. Crowd the plate and take away the inside. Look for the ball outside - mostly what he did was throw offspeed away all game.

That was my frustration as well. Very few efforts to go with the ball and drive it oppo. With the roof closed and him dealing, approach needed to adjust quickly

We need to be patient against Valdez tomorrow. I've had him in fantasy baseball this year and followed him a bit. He's been pretty wild in the 2nd half. A lot more walks and way more inconsistent. But the fact that he gets so many ground balls gets him off the hook at times. 

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

We need to be patient against Valdez tomorrow. I've had him in fantasy baseball this year and followed him a bit. He's been pretty wild in the 2nd half. A lot more walks and way more inconsistent. But the fact that he gets so many ground balls gets him off the hook at times. 

We beat him in the 2nd game at GRF this year. 

Edited by maloney.adam

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Will need to work counts, and hit and run whenever feasible to stay out of double plays.

6 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The Run Line was the play today, as it usually is with the chalk, +155 for $100. Save $30 vig if Sox win, get +85 to win by two +.

Man, I always have to laugh at the betting advice on this site.

You don't "save" vig better on the run lines. There is still vig in a run line. + money does not mean no vig.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If you went bet $10 on the Astros, you would have made a cool $7.69.

I only bet on boxing, does baseball not allow you to just pick a winner?  what were the odds on Houston to just win the game?

1 minute ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Dusty talking about doing “the little things”.  Kind of what the Sox lack if you could characterize their flaws 

it's pretty funny, these guys act as if you choke up on the bat it means you have a small dick

• Like 1

Just now, joesaiditstrue said:

it's pretty funny, these guys act as if you choke up on the bat it means you have a small dick

you’re going to need extra base hits tjough, especially with the amount of grounders Houston gets the opposition to hit.