ALDS Game 1- White Sox/Astros, 3:07 GAME THREAD

flavum

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Speaking of predictable, you are right on schedule.  Oh wait, according to you we were supposed to lose the division to the Indans.

Hahn is most definitely not getting fired...even if they did manage to get swept.  He's not even in the hot seat, as most are going to point fingers more at TLR.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

On the other hand, maybe the team is better off with a pissed off Keuchel in 2022.  He has a lot to prove.  Too much Jake Peavy talk this year without make to back it up, but lots of excuses.

He does have a lot to prove next year. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s our best pitcher next year. Lol

Its one game. Seriously, give it a rest. It was the worst matchup possible, Lynn vs Houston IN Houston, with McCullers vs the White Sox non-offspeed hitting team.

Now, can you argue that TLR has no business starting Lynn there over Gio? Absolutely, but if Gio goes game 1, we lose, then we're stuck with hoss out there in game 2, in a game he won't win, almost ever.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

With McCullers on the mound, I would rather keep my pen ready for when they can make a difference and not today.

I get the idea, but in a playoff series I dont think you want to send a message to your team that its over in the 5th inning.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Ah yes, not having a b**** fit over the team is getting paid to defend them.  Learn how to handle even a minimal amount of adversity.

you should be forced to disclose how much you're getting 😂

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Hahn is most definitely not getting fired...even if they did manage to get swept.  He's not even in the hot seat, as most are going to point fingers more at TLR.

Who is less likely to be fired than anyone else in Chicago.

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

In case you needed further proof Lance had nothing

Usually Lynn doesn't get punished this badly when he has nothing. This is the best lineup in baseball and they match up well against him. Even if he had his best stuff and location I doubt he'd do well against them. 

2 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Its one game. Seriously, give it a rest. It was the worst matchup possible, Lynn vs Houston IN Houston, with McCullers vs the White Sox non-offspeed hitting team.

Now, can you argue that TLR has no business starting Lynn there over Gio? Absolutely, but if Gio goes game 1, we lose, then we're stuck with hoss out there in game 2, in a game he won't win, almost ever.

Ropech shouldve been GM2.