Sign in to follow this  
flavum

ALDS Game 1- White Sox/Astros, 3:07 GAME THREAD

9 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

There no way those two like each other regardless of what they put on for the press.

Regardless, what you said is silly if you believe that Tony would hold the lineup in an effort to piss of Dusty, or you think Dusty gives a rats ass if he gets the lineup 3 hours before the game, or two hours before the game.

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Regardless, what you said is silly if you believe that Tony would hold the lineup in an effort to piss of Dusty, or you think Dusty gives a rats ass if he gets the lineup 3 hours before the game, or two hours before the game.

It was more of a joking thing but okay 

The Sox have two lineups, and will submit the final one after Abreu takes hacks. per Tony

Just now, flavum said:

The Sox have two lineups, and will submit the final one after Abreu takes hacks. per Tony

I think they are just fucking with the Astros he's 100% playing.

1 minute ago, flavum said:

I mean if he thinks Abreu is going to sit out, he is nuts

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

I guess. The Astros have seen both. I think the only question is...is he playing defense? 

I find it hard to believe that Abreu is well enough to take BP, but may opt out. Unless he really shouldn't be taking BP, he is playing.

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Honestly DH him and hit him a little lower.

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Good news, my brother's 83 inch OLED has been delivered and set up on time for game 1.

Holy shit, how much did that set him back?  I just got a 60 inch and it wasn’t cheap.

They probably should just rest him for this game, let him hydrate and come back stronger tomorrow. He’s gotta be real bad for Abreu to not be able to play 1B. 

Speaking of bad, I hope Sheets isn’t playing 1B.

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Holy shit, how much did that set him back?  I just got a 60 inch and it wasn’t cheap.

Just saw a 77 inch for 4k, too rich for my blood

1 hour ago, flavum said:

Altuve, Brantley, Bregman, Alvarez, Gurriel, Correa, Tucker, Meyers, Maldonado

Tucker hitting #7 is pretty crazy. He might be the most productive hitter in that lineup.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

They probably should just rest him for this game, let him hydrate and come back stronger tomorrow. He’s gotta be real bad for Abreu to not be able to play 1B. 

Speaking of bad, I hope Sheets isn’t playing 1B.

If Abreu can't go Sheets is definitely playing 1B. No way they play Vaughn against McCullers IMO. Leury will probably play LF and Eloy will DH if Jose can't go. 

• Like 2

At this point, I’m expecting Abreu to sit and Sheets will be at 1b. Garcia will be in LF and Eloy will DH.

Edited by maloney.adam

17 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I find it hard to believe that Abreu is well enough to take BP, but may opt out. Unless he really shouldn't be taking BP, he is playing.

If he's not 100% and hitting fly balls that die at the warning track that tells you everything you need to know.  

Just now, maloney.adam said:

At this point, I’m expecting Abreu to sit and Sheets at 1b. Garcia will be in LF and Eloy will DH.

The choices are either Vaughn 1B, Sheets DH, Eloy LF, Garcia RF or Sheets 1B, Eloy DH, Garcia LF, Engel RF

26 minutes ago, flavum said:

Can you send link to presser? 

Dodgers had to do it last night cause of Muncy, but count me in the group that doesn't like Sheets at 1st.