ALDS Game 1- White Sox/Astros, 3:07 GAME THREAD

flavum

4 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Using Crochet for 26 pitches and allowing all of Houston's top lefties to get a free look at Crochet makes 0 sense to me

That’s TLR for you.  Another inexplicable decision. Opening the 7 th with Crochet was not a good idea, he threw close to 30 pitches total, so he’ll be out tomorrow at least.

Just now, maloney.adam said:

You can just tell from Lynn’s face that either something was wrong or very worried/nervous. Like he didn’t know what hit him.

Yeah he looked like he was dumbfounded in the 2nd inning. 

Just now, TheTruth05 said:

I know you’re kidding but I don’t think he should see another game this series lol TLR might be dumb enough to throw him in a game 5 tho 

I know Cease didn't pitch well vs HOU but I'd go with him far and away before Lynn again, Lynn should only pitch again behind a 3IP bullpen start if the Sox have a healthy lead, he can't be allowed to start another game and give up 3 or 4 early runs.  if that plays out again, it just shows that this org isn't serious about fixing mistakes at all,and have their heads firmly in the sand

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

If this series goes 5, Lynn may pitch twice but it won't be in game 5. Game 5 is Gio's game.

Let's just all hope that Carlos is good to go. If he is, and he's out there dealing, there may not be anything to worry about when it comes to seeing Lynn twice.

I think if they can win Gios start tomorrow you gotta give Carlos a shot Sunday at home. Kopech right behind him. Then go Cease Monday and need be ride Gio again in Game 5. 

• Like 1

Just really not much you can do when Lynn was such a good player this season. While every stat etc suggested he wouldnt do well against the Astros, it just would have been impossible to not let him start. I really think the Sox purposefully went with Gio second because of concerns about Lynn this game.

• Like 1

I mean, this team is not the same biorhythms. The scrappy lineup team with subs were all heart and soul and it worked. Madrigal kept everybody  loose too, him getting hurt is an underrated thing. But most of all , Lynn was the wrong choice. Tip of the cap to Astros pitching though, what can you do…

Just now, Chick Mercedes said:

I mean, this team is not the same biorhythms. The scrappy lineup team with subs were all heart and soul and it worked. Madrigal kept everybody  loose too, him getting hurt is an underrated thing. But most of all , Lynn was the wrong choice. Tip of the cap to Astros pitching though, what can you do…

That team had insane BABIP luck 

1 minute ago, Soxbadger said:

Just really not much you can do when Lynn was such a good player this season. While every stat etc suggested he wouldnt do well against the Astros, it just would have been impossible to not let him start. I really think the Sox purposefully went with Gio second because of concerns about Lynn this game.

we will see if the Sox learn from this in GM4 (if the Astros are up 2-1).  Lynn cannot start in elimination games vs HOU, they need to do something different

1 minute ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

They won't need him tomorrow and what the hell is a fresh look??

I'd rather Astros hitters not face Crochet in a meaningless situation when they could be facing him a lot in high leverage moments over the next week.

but I didn't realize you already knew how tomorrow's game will go. Thanks for that.

Just now, Chick Mercedes said:

The only thing Madrigal did for the clubhouse was make them come together to dislike him

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

This is where not having a healthy Rodon really hurts. Rodon throwing 99 in game 1 and Gio going game 2 would have put us in a much better spot. 

2 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Very real chance his knee is not 100%, so the Sox could have had a good reason not to go with him in game 1 if so.  It wouldn’t have bothered him in the slightest because he is a realistic person.