Sign in to follow this  
flavum

ALDS Game 1- White Sox/Astros, 3:07 GAME THREAD

Posted (edited)

Cesar & Vaughn as your main options off the bench is really solid and moving Robert to 5th is perfect. I feel GOOD about this today and even better about the series since TLR isn't playing games here and built this exactly how it should be done for this pitcher/scenario. 

Edited by EloyJenkins

10 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

McCullers is gonna really take advantage of these guys aggressiveness I think, you gotta know when to trust the count and not your eyes. his slider looks like the fast ball almost exactly.

I agree for the most part, but you can see how awkward it is when game plans are too aggressive in changing players. By that I mean the Yankees who tried to get out in front of expected strike throwing and ended up getting a bunch of quick outs as they are a patient team.

But, there is a balance there. Yaz, Yoan, Sheets need to bring some patience.

Guys have got to take some pitches. Make McCullers prove he can throw his curve and slider for strikes before swinging at it. If nothing else it gets his pitch count up.

Engel and Garcia should try bunting for hits. Anything to throw McCullers off his game.

if they're still in the cages, there's no way this game starts at 307, I hate when they lie about the start times

They’re playing a World Series retrospective video — I might vomit.  It really hits you when you get here…they shouldn’t be able to fly that flag 

1 minute ago, joesaiditstrue said:

if they're still in the cages, there's no way this game starts at 307, I hate when they lie about the start times

This isn't live. They tape most of their interviews.

1 minute ago, joesaiditstrue said:

Huh?

All the years most of us going through absolute misery we're finally here in the playoffs. Let's give it our best shot and win. 

Minute Maid Park my ass....It will always be Enron Field for me for those damn cheating bastards.

Just now, joesaiditstrue said:

Lynn better not shit the bed

I mean...he has no success vs Houston, nor IN Houston, not a great history.

• Like 1

Just now, joesaiditstrue said:

Lynn better not shit the bed

You've been calling us finished for months, can you give us one more "this team stinks" for good luck.

They already got it wrong, saying this is their first ALDS since 2008. Um, hellooo 2020?

Jump on McCullers early boys, put his ass away early