Lucas Giolito Against the Astros (Since 2019)

Look at Ray Ray Run

1 hour ago, joesaiditstrue said:

how do you think they're gonna use Lynn next time out? you obviously can't start him again in Houston, shut the hell up if you think otherwise

Soo just pitch Giolito on regular rest @Houston Game 5 and Lynn can be available out of the bullpen if it comes to that. 

6 hours ago, claydude14 said:

Soo just pitch Giolito on regular rest @Houston Game 5 and Lynn can be available out of the bullpen if it comes to that. 

I think this is their plan.

Gio will get game 5 if needed.

I just get a feeling that gio balls out today and our offense will show up

3 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

I think this is their plan.

Gio will get game 5 if needed.

I just get a feeling that gio balls out today and our offense will show up

I share your sentiment about Lucas but not the offense. I think Giolito has to go 7 innings and allow 0-1 runs to have a chance.

7 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

I share your sentiment about Lucas but not the offense. I think Giolito has to go 7 innings and allow 0-1 runs to have a chance.

I know they will give up a run or two in the 8th inning, but this bullpen is over rested. Tepera, Bummer, Kimbrel, Hendriks, and Kopech should all probably pitch today. There’s no reason why G needs to go 7, and frankly if he gives you what, 4 solid innings, it’s on the manager if he gives up the lead after that point.

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

I know they will give up a run or two in the 8th inning, but this bullpen is over rested. Tepera, Bummer, Kimbrel, Hendriks, and Kopech should all probably pitch today. There’s no reason why G needs to go 7, and frankly if he gives you what, 4 solid innings, it’s on the manager if he gives up the lead after that point.

Bullpens are too volatile unless they are facing the White Sox.  

Gio goes until he gets into trouble.  

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

If Lucas is cruising and TLR takes him out after 4 this place will go apeshit (and I’ll be right there with them).  Hoping for a nice long Giolito gem.

30 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

If Lucas is cruising and TLR takes him out after 4 this place will go apeshit (and I’ll be right there with them).  Hoping for a nice long Giolito gem.

You don’t take him out if he’s cruising, but going into the game you ask him to give you his 5 best innings and empty the tank if he needs to. If he gets in trouble in the 4th or later, you don’t let him lose.

10 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Jesus Christ I literally wrote the inning.