ALDS Game 2 - Chicago @ Houston - 1:07pm CDT

Heads22

6 minutes ago, wegner said:

I'll be at work as well....will try to follow along on the Gamethread.  I'll hang up and listen.

Somehow 7 of the 9 members on my team are on DTO tomorrow, but I'm not. That said, with 7 of 9 members on DTO, I'm going to be taking a half day in which the second half of my day my computer is on but if no one reaches out to me, I won't be finding other work to do.

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Somehow 7 of the 9 members on my team are on DTO tomorrow, but I'm not. That said, with 7 of 9 members on DTO, I'm going to be taking a half day in which the second half of my day my computer is on but if no one reaches out to me, I won't be finding other work to do.

Let's hope Giolito gives us what we think he can.  I'd love to be able to watch Sunday night all tied up.

Interested to see the lineup for tomorrow. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, wegner said:

Let's hope Giolito gives us what we think he can.  I'd love to be able to watch Sunday night all tied up.

Interested to see the lineup for tomorrow. 

SS TA

CF Robert

1B Abreu

C Yasmani

LF Eloy

3B Moncada

RF Engel

DH Vaughn

2B Leury

The Sox have a chance to do some damage against their LH Starter tomorrow. Dusty was wise starting Valdez at home, as he didn't pitch well at Comiskey Park II ( 5.68 ERA, .905 OPS) whereas he has done well overall against the Sox (3.38 ERA, .727 OPS). Greinke's last pitched against the Sox in 2019, but did not pitch well at CP II (.809 OPS, 119 OPS +), so I expect him to come in tomorrow in a close game to bridge Valdez to Pressly.

Win or lose, I expect a much more competitive game. Hopefully Abreu gets rest and can play 1B (Eloy DH Vaughn LF or Eloy LF, Vaughn 1B, Abreu DH). I think Engel will sit and you'll get Leury (RF) and Cesar (2B) for five RHB and four switch hitters. I think Tony will go with the following to split up the R vs. S hitters.

SS TA; 3B YM #; 1B JA; C YG #; CF LR; DH EJ; RF LG #; LF AV; 2B CH #.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

I am convinced that Houston secretly injected Avery with a flu virus three days ago so he became ill.

That is the Astros way.

Seriously though, I want this game more than any other in recent memory. Much more than any of the Oakland games last October.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SoxAce said:

My bold prediction. Giolito is going to have a McCullers performance against them.

With the state of our bats yesterday he will still get a loss even if he limits them to 1 run ☹️

In the hear me now, believe me later department (keep clicking the laugh button trolls LOL).

https://www.mlb.com/news/2021-mlb-playoff-and-world-series-schedule

Monday, Oct. 11

Astros v. White Sox, Game 4* (FS1, 3:30 ET)

If BOS-TB concludes after Game 3, then HOU-CWS Game 4 will go from 3:37 p.m. (ET)/2:37 p.m. (CT) to 7:07 p.m. (ET)/6:07 p.m. (CT) on FS1

38 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

In the hear me now, believe me later department (keep clicking the laugh button trolls LOL).

https://www.mlb.com/news/2021-mlb-playoff-and-world-series-schedule

Monday, Oct. 11

Astros v. White Sox, Game 4* (FS1, 3:30 ET)

If BOS-TB concludes after Game 3, then HOU-CWS Game 4 will go from 3:37 p.m. (ET)/2:37 p.m. (CT) to 7:07 p.m. (ET)/6:07 p.m. (CT) on FS1

Go Rays!

• Like 1

• knightni changed the title to ALDS Game 2 - Chicago @ Houston - 1:07pm CDT