ALDS Game 2 - Chicago @ Houston - 1:07pm CDT

Heads22

2 minutes ago, KipWellsFan said:

Leury's number are not better right handed than left this year.

Right-handed OPS - 717

Left-handed OPS - 698

Over his career Leury is better left-handed.

Huh? Leury has been a much better right handed hitter in his career.  

Right handed: .287/.315/.380

Left handed: .247/.297/.356

12 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Kris Bryant would look pretty nice in the lineup. Its ok though, we got kimbrel instead. Should be super helpful with all those IP's!

Everybody agrees with you on this but the cubs may not have wanted to move him to the Sox.  Money wasn't the object so what do you think it was that kept Bryant from being moved to the White Sox as he would have been ideal.  The other option Gallo panned out as badly as Cesar with a higher price tag.

2 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Everybody agrees with you on this but the cubs may not have wanted to move him to the Sox.  Money wasn't the object so what do you think it was that kept Bryant from being moved to the White Sox as he would have been ideal.  The other option Gallo panned out as badly as Cesar with a higher price tag.

Actually the story seems to be that BRYANT was more interested in going to the west coast, and much like they did with Kimbrel, they engaged with teams that the players wanted to go, instead of just where ever.

14 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Gotta love our two trade deadline acquisitions were lauded as not half year rentals and turns out both likely will be, but we paid for a second year (cost more) that we won't use. Good times. 

7 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Starling Marte wouldn't look bad either. Imagine using that trade package (or similar) towards an everyday player that won't carry a huge salary next year (at the most volatile position). 

Perfect fit Eduardo Escobar also had a nice couple of months for Milwaukee.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Actually the story seems to be that BRYANT was more interested in going to the west coast, and much like they did with Kimbrel, they engaged with teams that the players wanted to go, instead of just where ever.

Kimbrel wanted to come to the Sox and be a setup man? I really don't believe that. 

Just now, manbearpuig said:

Yeah Cubs definitely just took the best offer on that one.

What I have heard is that Kimbrel wanted to stay in Chicago because of his daughter's health issues.  

HOWEVER - the Cubs also took the best deal.  No way anyone was offering better than Madrigal + Heuer. 

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

What I have heard is that Kimbrel wanted to stay in Chicago because of his daughter's health issues.  

HOWEVER - the Cubs also took the best deal.  No way anyone was offering better than Madrigal + Heuer. 

Yep. We basically posted this thought at the same time.

Edited by manbearpuig

11 minutes ago, KipWellsFan said:

Leury's number are not better right handed than left this year.

Left-handed OPS - 717

Right-handed OPS - 698

Over his career Leury is better right-handed.

The entire difference this year is driven by his walk rate left handed vs right handed.

He slugged better and hit for a higher average right handed. And given that his career OPS is nearly 50 points higher right handed over a much more substantial sample size, I think it's safe to say Leury Garcia is a better hitter right handed than left handed.

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Kimbrel wanted to come to the Sox and be a setup man? I really don't believe that. 

Kimbrel’s daughter has a heart defect and he really wanted to be able to be close to her/not have to switch doctors. I’m sure he took offers elsewhere. Probably Boston at the very least considering his daughter was born there, but I think hoyer really tried to make it work with the Sox before looking elsewhere 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

McCullers lead baseball in walks allowed and the White Sox did nothing to take advantage of this. 

The version of McCullers we saw yesterday is easily a top 10 pitcher in baseball.  He was nasty and had incredible control of his breaking stuff.  He wasn't making mistakes in the zone, at all.  It was an incredibly dominant performance that would have shutdown his own team if he had been somehow facing them.  

Sometimes you just have to tip your cap.  As soon as he was out of the game, the Sox bats looked much better.  On the flipside of that, the moment Lynn left the game, the Astros looked considerably less comfortable in the box.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

You right. That is the official lineup. I don't get Leury vs a lefty over Cesar  but either way they're the weakpoint.

I like Leury and Adam’s defense over the alternatives.

Houston has Maldonado, but love him behind the plate.

Lucas should be familiar with Grandal at this point, Grandal needs to provide Lucas confidence he will block sharp sliders to allow Lucas to throw with confidence with runners on.

Secondary key would be Conroy behind the plate. Lucas had nine Ks vs. Detroit, but took 105 pitches to get through six, and he had a lower strike percentage than normal despite the 9ks his one Contoy start. Conroy calls balls / walks in the top third of umpires. So really need Lucas to go strong 5-6 minimum today.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

I honestly can't believe anyone believes that the Cubs sent players to places for a lesser of a return out of the kindness of their hearts. If the Sox offered the most for Bryant, he would be here. The Cubs literally fucked Bryant out of millions of dollars for the sake of the franchise but people think they would harm the franchise to trade him where he wanted. Amazing.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, FriendlyNorthsider said:

Kimbrel’s daughter has a heart defect and he really wanted to be able to be close to her/not have to switch doctors. I’m sure he took offers elsewhere. Probably Boston at the very least considering his daughter was born there, but I think hoyer really tried to make it work with the Sox before looking elsewhere 

The story at the deadline was that Hoyer did everything he could to get his core guys to teams they wanted to go to.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

The story at the deadline was that Hoyer did everything he could to get his core guys to teams they wanted to go to.

It's amazing how much PR nonsense you gobble up.

The Cubs literally screwed Bryant out of millions of dollars, and you think the Cubs would take a LESSER package to send them somewhere they wanted for a half year. Truly amazing stuff. You are the baseball PR machines wet dream.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1