ALDS Game 2 - Chicago @ Houston - 1:07pm CDT

Heads22

1 minute ago, YourWhatHurts said:

If Hahn goes but JR and KW are still here then how is that better at all?  At best things are the same, at worst it's even worse.  At least Hahn can negotiate a contract.

Until Jerry is gone, either literally or steps down like he did with the Bulls, nothing will ever change. If he's here another decade, Hahn gets at least one more rebuild. Unfortunately, teams don't give up prospects as they did when he sold off every solid player inherited from Kenny.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm done with him. This is his exam, he's failing. In fact he didn't even bother to show up for it. Team isn't ready to play, team looks like dogshit. Maybe it's the players not the manager tho seeing how we saw the same collapse, same bad body language, same slop last year.

I said it at the end of the season.  This is why he was brought here.  So far, it's not looking great.

Just now, Quin said:

Honestly, I think I'm most pissed off because La Russa was supposed to be some soothsayer that had this team prepped for October.

That's not what's going on.

To be fair, he can't catch for Grandal or hit for the hitters.

But whatever field TLR's surplus value is supposed to exist inside of, I haven't seen it all year.  His comments on Yermin compared to Ozzie showed he's a better player's manager than Ozzie (so is like every other guy who has ever managed in the bigs except for like Bevington) but other than that, I fail to see an area where TLR gives us an advantage.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

yup. I don't care about being wrong, this is fucking brutal, not ready to play, IT'S THE ONLY REASON HE WAS HIRED.

He was hired to right a perceived wrong by the oyxengeran owner who doesn't care about anything but what makes him happy at the time. 

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

So we have pitchers not backing up the base.  We have OF blowing through cutoffs and we have a 2nd baseman who cant catch a throw from Eloy on a double.  Yup that shitty defense surely flipped a switch and is now great.   

For the record, I have no issue with Engel throwing all the way home. That ball was slowly hit and sure seemed like Brantley could score.