ALDS Game 2 - Chicago @ Houston - 1:07pm CDT

Heads22

Who saw this coming!?  The people concerned about this happening were told all kind of things.  You're over reacting, they have a big lead in the division.  Resting players is more important or see you later is my favorite.  I wish I was wrong but unfortunately this isn't shocking.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

This is just a better team they are playing too…they came to play. 

TLR had one job: Get this team ready for October.

Instead, once they basically had the playoffs wrapped up, he did nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I could not watch the game and chose to do an experiment and check in on the GameThread periodically and look at the latest post only and see if I could figure out what the heck was going on…here is my log of what I surmised by that method:

Giolito is getting squeezed early and has no hit stuff if only the home plate ump didn’t suck.

The Sox are down early and it seems like it might be by a bunch.

The Sox are actually only down by 1 run.

Sox are playing some shoddy defense.

Sox got a sacrifice fly.

I think they have a lead and it’s late because there is talk of why not bring in Hendriks here.

I think they blew the lead because LaRussa does not know how to use a bullpen.

LaRussa apparently did not go to Kimbrel or Hendriks late in the game with a lead….I have no idea whether the Sox are losing at this point or it is tied.

I do think it is tied up…but still not sure.

Need a DP?...uh oh.

Complaints about LaRussa and defensive positioning….sounds bad…I’m not sure why the Astros haven’t won yet from the negativity I am seeing posted.

OK, it seems like it was tied in the 7th, not the Sox leading and LaRussa brought in a kid….I would guess Crochet but he was used yesterday.

Sox lose….I’m guessing with Kimbrel pitching like crap again.

Ok, on to the Box Score to piece this thing together….Thanks everybody for being a part of my experiment even though you didn’t know it.

And yes….I will never do this again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

He felt like the fans here who panicked and thought Sox needed to make a massive move so he was like oh let me give up all these peeps to get a closer cause it’s all I got. 

Was totally unnecessary. Don’t get me wrong I wouldn’t have made any trade other than what they had already done at that point so people would be ripping me for other reasons but I would be like it’s all good cause I got money and flexibility to go after someone else in off-season. 

Hahn has no way to sell Kimbrel and Hernandez coming back next season...but that has never stopped him before.  Feels like back to 2008 and 2000 especially.  And at least 2008 had a helluva final week, historic stuff.

And at least Ozzie generally was pretty good with bullpens when he had the talent...

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

The idea was right. The performance was an epic failure. 

I think that trading him for a RF, 2B, or SP, or even C would have been a good call.  But for a RP?  Especially one making like $32M or whatever for 2 years?  And giving up Heuer in the process?  Holy shit.  I mean you couldn't have gotten a Staumont type for Madrigal instead, if you really **had** to trade him for a RP?  Really??

Just an epic miss.  

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

But you are all about enjoying it.

I'm enjoying my favorite team losing? I find your cynicism hilarious to be quite honest.  The only thing I'm happy about is the possibility of someone losing their job in a week

For the future of this franchise……between winning a meaningless game at home or being swept, I’d rather they just lose outright 15-0. Sorry if you spent money for Sunday’s game, but prolonging this series won’t do anything but give false hope. No way they’re stringing together three wins against Houston. Everything that we could possibly point to and say was a detriment to this team has been shown these first two games.