ALDS Game 2 - Chicago @ Houston - 1:07pm CDT

Heads22

10 minutes ago, Thad Bosley said:

The key mistake was taking Engel out.  

Why would you forsake his elite defense so Cesar Hernandez could bat for him with nobody on base.  In a game like this you go to the best defense you can late in the hame, not away from it.  

Hernandez has a .660 OPS vs righties this year. That's including when he was "good" with the Indians. Why he was ever put into pinch hit made no sense to begin with.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Its extraordinarily amusing to watch people who think their emotional knee jerk reaction in a game thread is some sort of sage wisdom regarding what should happen immediately in a process that takes years and millions of dollars.

maybe your hot take should be limited to “this sucks” or “I’m frustrated”‘ instead of “burn the entire organization down”

This team was ahead of schedule last year and this year, outperformed their injuries, and are simply getting beat by 1 of the two best teams in the AL. 

have some goddammed perspective for fucks sake 

Ahead of schedule?

Only ONE TEAM in a division of 5 actually tried to compete against us.  CLE had a shot and salary-dumped their starting 2B on us for a guy in A ball.  Only one team actually even tried, and they fell on their faces out of the gate.

This team has a golden ticket to the postseason.  And the rest of the league also dealt with injuries.  We had a gift division championship.  Don't act like our guys overachieved about anything.  This was a team that was supposed to be good enough to fend off even a terrifying MIN offense and quality pitching staff.  As it turned out we didn't have to fend off anyone; we just had to show up.  And we barely got up and out of bed.

• Like 1

Just now, Buehrle>Wood said:

Hernandez has a .660 OPS vs righties this year. That's including when he was "good" with the Indians. Why he was ever put into pinch hit made no sense to begin with.

The manager needed to prove his moves would work, just like the whole season.

10 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I wanted nothing more than craig to dominate. 

Trade deadline was a disaster. Larussa was a disaster. Larussa just has no idea what he's doing. Been horrendous with defensive positioning. Some reason moves leury to rf to get cesar an at bat lol. Has Hamilton on the roster. And the worst fucking thing by far is he's saving Michael kopech for a game that isn't even going to be played. Kopech should have came in instead of crochet and we literally probably win the game. He goes 2-3. 

I guess at least kopech will be rested next year. 

And poor bummer. What shit luck he's had all year on balls in play is because his dinosaur manager has no idea what he's doing.

I've been on record as hating the Kimbrell acquisition from before it happened, but oh fucking well. That said:

Putting in a basically FB-only youngster into a game/series-critical situation against a FB-killing Houston team was fucking moronic. I lost my voice cursing the fucking TV.

What, is Kopech sick or injured? If Kopech comes in, I'm confident he holds it to 4-2 US up, and then, Engel being subbed out means exactly jack and shit.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete
  • Like 1

Just now, Two-Gun Pete said:

Putting in a basically FB-only youngster into a game/series-critical situation against a FB-killing Houston team was fucking moronic. I lost my voice cursing the fucking TV.

What, is Kopech sick or injured? If Kopech comes in, I'm confident he holds it to 4-2 US up, and then, Engel being subbed out means exactly jack and shit.

He's saving Kopech for a game 4 that might not even happen.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I’m just thankful they won in 2005. I want them to win another more for my kids than myself 

Dude I hear you. So greatfull for 05. When I went to Chicago about 4 years ago I went to a cementary in Elgin to my grandparents grave. Saw the most awesome headstone about 05. I cried for an hour

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Superstar Lamar said:

If Larussa had any dignity he would retire when the season ended.  He had his fun but his time is over.

I wish Hahn had the balls to issue the ultimatum that he would not hire Larussa

I wish someone had the balls to fire them both!!!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Winning on the road is almost impossible in the postseason for the Sox unless they hit home runs, 2-4 in a game. Sox have none if I'm not mistaken.

Team will win the next two and our crowd will be amazing! Team will go back to Houston and try to not turn to c--p in the indoor arena again. That is all. GO SOX!

p.s. The Chisox homers are coming back home baby. 2-2 series tie then back to Houston IMO. Albeit Sox likely get crushed in game five.

What pitcher will shut down Houston those next one to two games?

Just now, Two-Gun Pete said:

Kopech should have started the 5th. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking. And after watching Leury try to play RF the last day of the season,  you knew a ball was going to find him.

Defense trumps hitting in a close game. Engel had to be left at RF.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

No chance. 

Saving kopech for a game that might not be played is by far the worst decision of the playoffs. 

You need to bring in your big guns like there is no tomorrow.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

No chance. 

Saving kopech for a game that might not be played is by far the worst decision of the playoffs. 

TLR over managing again with Kopech and Engel.