ALDS Game 2 - Chicago @ Houston - 1:07pm CDT

Heads22

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Can we all just talk about Luis Robert and how he's a fucking god.

If you would have told me before the playoffs that Luis Robert would be 6 for 8 to open the series, I would have said we would be up 2-0 in the series. 

1 minute ago, Marqhead said:

Of his own accord, maybe, but none of them are getting fired. 

Sadly, this is true.  They have a few baked in excuses, and they might scapegoat a coach or two, but TLR and Hahn are here unless they choose to leave.

1 minute ago, almagest said:

I just hope they aren't banking on Cespedes being ready after the ASB next year or something stupid. Engel is fine for defense, Leury should never see RF again, Vaughn and Sheets should not be in RF. Get someone who can play solid defense out there and can hit. Get a slugging 2B.

We should have done that at trade deadline this season instead of overpaying for Kimbrel who we did not even need and has been a bust.

3 minutes ago, Marqhead said:

I understand this is a place for venting, but anyone that thinks any of KW, Hahn, or Tony isnt here next year is kidding themselves. 

Exactly. Fill the holes and let’s try this again. Lots of bad today but when was the last time the Sox made the playoffs two years in a row?  Hahn made a bad deal? Ok so do all GM’s. They have a ton of talent, let’s hope this is like the 80s and 90s Bulls that took time to break through. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, YourWhatHurts said:

He swings through a slightly elevated 96 up over the outside corner against Graveman and then proceeds to swing through 65 down the middle part of the plate?  Did you watch?  The only task this guy has is to hit, especially, to hit fastballs, and swinging through 2 straight fastablls in a row in those locations on the biggest stage of all?  

Yeah sorry Jose.  I like the regular seasons tats but you're a dead llama when it counts.  Go climb a hill and disappear on the other side if that's what you are going to do when it really counts.  Again, this is Graveman, this isn't the best the game has to offer.  See ya later.  I'd rather play a Sheets/Vaughn platoon and reallocate the $15M or whatever it is elsewhere at that point.

glad you arent in charge thanks.

Just now, hankchifan said:

We should have done that at trade deadline this season instead of overpaying for Kimbrel who we did not even need and has been a bust.

I knew he would suck.  I've always disliked his pitching,  can't pitch in meaningful games screwed the cubs too.  His first half was a fluke , can't believe madrigal was traded for that trash 

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Imagine being a manager and knowing you have 5 fresh relievers and 1 who hasn't been successful on back to back and pitched yesterday and say to yourself, let's go get the former in the biggest moment of the game and season. It's honestly amazing. I can't get over it. I was cracking up

It’s maddening man

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, almagest said:

I just hope they aren't banking on Cespedes being ready after the ASB next year or something stupid. Engel is fine for defense, Leury should never see RF again, Vaughn and Sheets should not be in RF. Get someone who can play solid defense out there and can hit. Get a slugging 2B.

Adam Eaton is available.

• Haha 1

I fucking hate TLR. I cannot even listen to him in this post-game.

He needs to be asked about all of the following:

1) Why are you bringing Crochett in, in that situation?

2) Why are you pinch hitting for Engel, and moving Garcia to RF?

3) Why do you refuse to shift, which resulted in at least two hits that crossed home plate today? 

TLR just talked about Bummer and saying one of the ground balls should have been a double play... WELL IT WOULD HAVE BEEN, IF YOU HAD SHIFTED, YOU STUPID FUCK!

Edited by Paulie4Pres
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

He swings through a slightly elevated 96 up over the outside corner against Graveman and then proceeds to swing through 65 down the middle part of the plate?  Did you watch?  The only task this guy has is to hit, especially, to hit fastballs, and swinging through 2 straight fastablls in a row in those locations on the biggest stage of all?  

Yeah sorry Jose.  I like the regular seasons tats but you're a dead llama when it counts.  Go climb a hill and disappear on the other side if that's what you are going to do when it really counts.  Again, this is Graveman, this isn't the best the game has to offer.  See ya later.  I'd rather play a Sheets/Vaughn platoon and reallocate the $15M or whatever it is elsewhere at that point.

lol this is an amazingly bad post. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, almagest said:

I wonder if Tony retires if the Sox get swept or lose in 4? He definitely looks overmatched, like he did for a large part of the season.

No he wont. His ego is bigger than a Fucking 747 

• Like 1

There is only one person on this planet who thought bringing Tony LaRussa into manage this team was a good idea, and that’s Jerry Reinsdorf.  

We have to suffer through watching this guy show day in and day out how the game has passed him by just to assuage the ego of this owner who, for 41 years now, has frustrated the fan base with one bone-headed decision after another.  

Sadly, I think our suffering isn’t over, as the bromance will continue as long as this owner is around. 

• Like 2

God, that was such a thorough, absolute pants-shitting by Kimbrel. Unbelievable. (Or completely believable, it's what he does).

On an unrelated note, I chatted up a bunch of Astros fans at the game and they were all really cool and friendly, asking questions about the Sox and whatnot. "Good luck but not really" etc