ALDS Game 2 - Chicago @ Houston - 1:07pm CDT

Heads22

47 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Yaz was real close to untying this game in the 7th. The ball he hit was a much harder play than the one Leury missed. He hasn't showed up, but it's not because he's not hitting the ball.

Thanks....only seeing the box score can be deceiving 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Ok we can have that argument all day long.  You load up on Ecksteins and Grinderstads and I'll take the uber-talented assholes all day long.  Leadership Smeadership.  And WTF kind of leadership is it when you go down the way Abreu went down in Game 2 this year and in the last game in 2020?  That's jabroniship, not leadership.  May as well have been Daniel Palka or Ross Gload in the box.

I understand your frustration but u are barking up the wrong tree (Jim Kaat shoulda chosen a cliche like that today not a racist thing that'll end his career at age 82). Jose is not to blame here. It's hard to play baseball with the flu. There's a non Covid bug going around that I caught too and it's a s----y chills like flu-ey annoying cough, cold flu. 

Just take a deep break, have a beer or two and get off the Jose stinks train please. He doesn't stink.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Paulie4Pres said:

It wasn't bad luck. It was bad defensive positioning. The story of the season, really.

Everything people have been bitching about with respect to this team all season reared its ugly head today. 

Bad positioning? Yes. TLR making an inexplicable move? Yes. TLR not using the bullpen correctly? Yes. Add all that in and you blow a game you were leading in half way through.

• Thanks 4
  • Fire 1

Just now, chw42 said:

Everything people have been bitching about with respect to this team all season reared its ugly head today. 

Bad positioning? Yes. TLR making an inexplicable move? Yes. TLR not using the bullpen correctly? Yes. Add all that in and you blow a game you were leading in half way through.

you forgot playing leury garcia every day.

• Like 1

I could have sworn that everyone was in agreement about Kopech backing up Rodon in the series?  What changed?

Blame Ace #1 and Ace #2 who were fully incompetent in going long for their starts.

"Stars" need to perform on this stage.  It's plain and simple.

• Like 1

Just now, chw42 said:

Too many grounders, not enough power

• Like 1

"We're stretching kopech out so he can play and andrew Miller role for us in the post season."

Postseason happens.

"If we needed kopech to win (a game we lost) he'd have pitched." 

Proceeds to pitch zero innings in 2 games lol.

He'll be really rested next year. 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

To be fair Robert misplayed a ball in that game.  Oh well, this entire transaction is a debacle and I just hope they can get some type of asset for him.  There is no fucking way he’s on the 2022 White Sox though.

I doubt any team will pay much for him and his $16 million contract after the piss poor 2nd half and the debacle that was today's performance. I'm afraid we're SOL.

8 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

BTW I don't think the pitching strategy was bad. 

Bummer had a sub 1 Era against lefties this year and he did get a ground ball which is what you want. The grounder just found a hole, that is bad luck. 

He was facing 2 righties and lefty that was 5-7 against him. It was a fucking terrible strategy. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

They have to make some hard decisions. I think the Abreu era is over. A solid direction is needed, and it has to do with defense and the little things like baserunning.  Some sacred cows may have to be sacrificed. The baseball character of this group is fatally flawed 

Abreu is fine at 1B, Eloy is a full-time DH on any properly run team, TA is serviceable at SS, Moncada above average with a questionable arm, CF is locked down, RF = hole, C = DH playing out of position

but like everyone else said, too many DHs on this team gets you 25th ranked defense

Edited by joesaiditstrue

34 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

This is NOT Hahn’s fault entirely. He did fuck up and trade Tatis for a piece of shit pitcher who’s name I refuse to mention. HE DID TRADE FOR Kimbrel which could turnout to almost as bad as the Tatis deal. I can almost guarantee you TLR was not his choice as manager, that’s all JR. 

Hahn did some great this also: Kopech, Moncada, Hendriks, Vaughn, Sheets, Lynne, Robert, Cease, Jimenez, Grandal, Crotchet, Tepara , and KATZ. 

Hahn needs to find a second baseman. Needs to figure out how to play Sheets and Vaughn everyday. Need a better backup catcher. Collins or Sevy just don’t cut it. Need to extend Lucas and POSSIBLY Rodon.  

Need to find out if Burger can play second or is he just a 3rd baseman, if so trade home for something, he won’t and can’t replace Moncada. 

Can they win 3 straight? Sure, I love the team but I’m a realist also.  Sunday will be a Rodon/Cease/Kopech show I predict.

can we still win, of course, will we win the series?? Would you bet your house on 3 straight wins? I know everyone going to say Boston won 4 straight down 3 zip. 3 is easier than 4. 

I have always been concerned that when it came down to it, Hahn would trade away the wrong guys when he needed to add pieces.  I know all the talk around here is that he's a bad guy and teammates don't like him but I think trading Madrigal will be a mistake.  Heuer might be good too....another patented RH throw in like Tatis was.

Edited by wegner

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

"We're stretching kopech out so he can play and andrew Miller role for us in the post season."

Postseason happens.

Just a wasted development year 

Just now, kwill said:

I do think you have to pitch Rodon in game 3 to make any sense of the Kopech usage. If Rodon doesn't pitch until game 4 then that will be an unexplainable mistake. 

There's zero chance the sox didn't tell the person who is starting that they're starting days ago. If he changed off of cease, who was clearly the guy told, to save face then he is even worse than I thought 

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Postseason happens.

Instead of brooms, when a sweep is imminent, and in your favor, I wonder if the fans will bring pillows.

1 minute ago, joesaiditstrue said:

Abreu is fine at 1B, Eloy is a full-time DH on any properly run team, TA is serviceable at SS, Moncada above average with a questionable arm, CF is locked down, RF = hole, C = DH playing out of position

Abreu is more than fine. But there is a logjam behind him and the organization has to move forward. Its not working.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I could have sworn that everyone was in agreement about Kopech backing up Rodon in the series?  What changed?

Blame Ace #1 and Ace #2 who were fully incompetent in going long for their starts.

"Stars" need to perform on this stage.  It's plain and simple.

Kopech can pitch an inning today and backup Rodon on Monday. Not using him in the 5th or 7th was fucking insane. 

• Like 1

Listening to press conference on way home....I really hate those LaRussa pressers. 

Also Connor McKnight is getting as annoyed as Rongey used to....people are understandably upset and annoyed Connor.

• Like 3

Let's just win the next two games and gear all that fan energy into Game Five in Houston. Cmon. This Sox team has been on cruise control (albeit, injuries) for months now. How can they not get juiced at The Cell for hopefully two games? Packed place. All Sox gotta do is win Game Three the Sox way (home runs, adequate pitching). Then it'll be 2-1 and Sox ghosts of the past will help the team make up for blowing Game Four at home against the Orioles way back when when Dybber made the baserunning blunder. This time the series will go five (albeit the dreaded road) and maybe we'll get three pitchers to pitch three innings each and we win 2-0.

Don't give up the dream. Our crowd is gonna be intense and Houston isn't that good.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

My prediction is that Hahn becomes the fall guy and they elevate TLR to Manager/GM.  Then really hold on to your butts.  Because if you thought KW liked old washed up players, wait till Tony gets his way.  First of all Katz will be fired and replaced with Duncan or a relative of Duncan.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1