ALDS Game 2 - Chicago @ Houston - 1:07pm CDT

Heads22

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Dusty isn't putting together positional cards. I've been harping on the White Sox defensive alignments all year. They're atrocious. They're one of the three worst teams in baseball in runs lost to positioning. The Sox aren't a terrible defensive team (they do throw the ball around too much), they're simply not positioned properly and metrics are against things like xBA. LaRussa has screwed them there, all season. His explanation for the defensive positioning today was comical. Look at the charts, the Sox went against what everyone else did multiple times. They're stuck in the stone age because their manager is a complete moron.

And honestly, I like Hahn for some things but I'm not excusing him for this. He knows it's bad, I guarantee it, and he doesn't have the balls to push and override the horrible decision making defensively.

Hey larussa was gonna take is to the world series. Reinsdorf is a Fucking joke

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I have really really really soured on Eloy Jimenez this year. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't like the approach at the plate at all. He'll hit homers because his power is huge, but he hasn't adjusted his plane to get more lift, and he's a guess hitter with a bad idea about what pitchers are doing to him. It's not a good combination.

I hope he shuts me up next year, but I would listen to offers for Eloy. And I hope to god I'm wrong; really like Eloy the guy, but his game just doesn't appeal to me.

I'm right there with ya. Fun personality, a lot of holes in his game.

All the mental errors drain me more than anything.  It's already tough being married for 25 years.  I finally came up with a good saying: no wife happy life, year after year we just so unreal dumb it's like no white Sox happy life.... And then there's that stupid spring training thingy

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I have really really really soured on Eloy Jimenez this year. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't like the approach at the plate at all. He'll hit homers because his power is huge, but he hasn't adjusted his plane to get more lift, and he's a guess hitter with a bad idea about what pitchers are doing to him. It's not a good combination.

I hope he shuts me up next year, but I would listen to offers for Eloy. And I hope to god I'm wrong; really like Eloy the guy, but his game just doesn't appeal to me.

He’s gonna be the Carlos Lee for this Sox era lol 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, fathom said:

Truly believe they thought Engel was their man for RF this postseason. I guess that lasted 6 at bats.  Just horrible decision making at the deadline.

Who will be made accountable for that terrible decision making?  Hahn, KW, TLR, JR Or a combination thereof?  It is competing with the Bears Trubitsky deal..

15 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Everyone talking about holes being exposed and it being problematic for the future...

I honestly came away from this game realizing that this team is a good manager and strategic analyst away from being tied 1-1 going home. Those are certainly much easier to find than good players.

Team hasn't played well and with proper leadership and decision making could honestly be in a great position to take the series. The players are fine. It would be nice to have a better RF and 2B, sure, but the Sox have a SS, 1B, CF who have balled out. They have a Catcher who is fine and a weapon easily when compared to others, and a 3B who is flashing leather and making big plays. Teams problem is they're a little sloppy, and they have not been put in a position to succeed.

I have to agree. A lot of the mistakes today were avoidable and that's what pisses me off the most. If we lose cause the other team was just that much better, I can accept that. What I have a hard time accepting is not executing in the parts of the game that don't require you to throw hard or hit the ball far. 

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm right there with ya. Fun personality, a lot of holes in his game.

Yeah, and I honestly think he could adjust and it could click for him. The power is undeniable, but for a guy who pitchers clearly fear a bit, he gets himself out so often it drives me absolutely crazy. He really needs to learn to attack his pitches. If he would stop getting himself out he could be special, but I didn't see it this year at all. You can have fun, but you have to take the game seriously too, these guys are really really good. Tim has fun but understands the work required and the focus required at all times to be great.

Hopefully Eloy finds that gear; maybe the injury hurt him. Maybe he was pressing. I honestly don't know, but I have not been impressed at all this year. He should look across the dugout at Robert. He changed his approach because people were attacking his aggressiveness and he became an unstoppable force.

Excluding 2005, the Sox are 5-17 in the post season since divisional play began. Except for 2020 in a three-game series, the Sox have never pushed a series to the maximum length. History says they won't do it this time. 0-6 in Houston. There is no excuse for that. This is just an embarrassment.

7 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

He’s gonna be the Carlos Lee for this Sox era lol 

To be fair, I think this is his floor which isn't a bad floor but it's also not a crazy outcome to expect which is a bummer to an extent given the tools and abilities he has. He does have more power than Carlos though.

1 hour ago, YourWhatHurts said:

He swings through a slightly elevated 96 up over the outside corner against Graveman and then proceeds to swing through 95 down the middle part of the plate?  Did you watch?  The only task this guy has is to hit, especially, to hit fastballs, and swinging through 2 straight fastablls in a row in those locations on the biggest stage of all?  

Yeah sorry Jose.  I like the regular seasons tats but you're a dead llama when it counts.  Go climb a hill and disappear on the other side if that's what you are going to do when it really counts.  Again, this is Graveman, this isn't the best the game has to offer.  See ya later.  I'd rather play a Sheets/Vaughn platoon and reallocate the $15M or whatever it is elsewhere at that point.

In a day full of hot takes, Chernobyl wants their meltdown back.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I thought he got all this crap out of the way his rookie season. He honestly looked good last year and won a silver slugger. Hopefully he figures something out in the off-season cause his level of performance this year is not acceptable for a guy who is basically a DH. 

Just now, hi8is said:

Did any press ask LaRussa why he pinch hit for Engle in the 5th? That was the first “what the fuck is he doing” moment of many today for me.

The only thing that may give him a pass is Engel looked a little gimpy going after the last ball he caught, although he didn’t look like he had a problem when they showed him running in toward the dugout.

16 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Using Kopech was the obvious decision to me. We had the lead and Kopech is a dominating pitcher. If you need him to pitch 3 innings, and he's rolling, you just do it. You win the game in front of you right now and worry about later, later. I started laughing when I saw Crochett warming up... It was worse than Renteria's managing last season.

I'm convinced TLR has alcohol induced dementia. It's the only way he makes the decisions he makes, and says the things he says.

Doesn’t any of the Sox coaching staff has the balls to question TLR bad decisions or give him good advise?

4 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I have to agree. A lot of the mistakes today were avoidable and that's what pisses me off the most. If we lose cause the other team was just that much better, I can accept that. What I have a hard time accepting is not executing in the parts of the game that don't require you to throw hard or hit the ball far. 

Yeah, he put all his guys in the worst position possible to succeed, as if he was trying to.

Crochet? Been bad with inherited runners and bad in back to backs.
Leury? Been awful in RF and has no business playing the OF in the playoffs.
Hernandez? Hasn't hit at all but has really struggled versus velocity.
Vaughn? Can't hit a slider from a righty to save his life.
Kimbrel? Been bad in any pressure spot.

It's just bad managing.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

I thought he got all this crap out of the way his rookie season. He honestly looked good last year and won a silver slugger. Hopefully he figures something out in the off-season cause his level of performance this year is not acceptable for a guy who is basically a DH. 

Kind of a lost year because of the injury IMO. I think he will be an easy 35-40 homer guy moving forward if he can play 145 games.

4 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Doesn’t any of the Sox coaching staff has the balls to question TLR bad decisions or give him good advise?

Lol he even told his own staff to shut up this year when they were trying to tell him in Cincinnati about the rule he didn’t know. They are employed because they don’t question him.

6 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The only thing that may give him a pass is Engel looked a little gimpy going after the last ball he caught, although he didn’t look like he had a problem when they showed him running in toward the dugout.

Then use Hamilton and keep your defense strong, or use Sheets to try to score more.

Another thing I’ve noticed that none of the breaks are going our way. That’s not a good sign that it’s our year. That ball that Grandal smoked and should’ve been over the head of Tucker was caught. If that went over his head, the momentum may have been in our favor. Same with the two hits that were robbed by Altuve. If all those were hits, we may have been talking about a win instead of a lost. You just never know.

Edited by maloney.adam