ALDS Game 2 - Chicago @ Houston - 1:07pm CDT

Heads22

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Have you watched much this year? Crochet has been legitimately awful with inherited runners. He’s a SP. He needs clean innings. If you want a lefty there, use Bummer. But Kopech was the obvious choice. And then when he actually does use Bummer, it was also a bad time and definitely should have been Kimbrel/Kopech since he wasn’t used earlier. Then bring in Kimbrel when game is already over. Just terrible bullpen management.

He pitched Bummer against 2 righties and a lefty who was 5 for 7 off him before that. That's 100% the wrong time to use him.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Is he drunk?  Serious question.

At this point, you don’t blame him as much as you blame the owner. Owners suck at decision -making for the most part, especially when they butt-in in front of baseball people. JR’s read on the team is wrong. They were not ready to go from point B to C.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

At least Tony is trying to salvage Kimbrel’s value by blaming it on the role.  That’s one of the stupidest comments ever made to the media by a manager though.

Yet, he was the one who put him in it.  Idiot Hahn was the one who brought him over.  For what, to never pitch in his role?  Morons.  All of them.

16 minutes ago, almagest said:

I just hope they aren't banking on Cespedes being ready after the ASB next year or something stupid. Engel is fine for defense, Leury should never see RF again, Vaughn and Sheets should not be in RF. Get someone who can play solid defense out there and can hit. Get a slugging 2B.

The team is just not constructed very well for defense. 

The white Sox are one of the worst defensive teams in the majors (25th on fangraphs). 

Jose, eloy, Vaughn, sheets, Collins are all distinctly negative defenders only moncada, Robert and Tim are above average (leury about average). 

The question is what are you doing about it? 

Jose, Vaughn, sheets, burger are all talented hitters who should play nowhere but first or DH but there are only two of those spots. 

1 minute ago, YourWhatHurts said:

O RLY?

abreu1.jpg

abreu-2

96 and 96, on 0-1 and 0-2.  2 fastballs in a row.  I watched this shit last season.  This is what Abreu did when it counted last season vs. the A's and now he's doing it again.  He choked and there's no way around it.  A Vaughn/Sheets platoon at a discount can give you this, and maybe you can take his salary and buy a guy who won't choke in return.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, YourWhatHurts said:

O RLY?

abreu1.jpg

abreu-2

96 and 96, on 0-1 and 0-2.  2 fastballs in a row.  I watched this shit last season.  This is what Abreu did when it counted last season vs. the A's and now he's doing it again.  He choked and there's no way around it.  A Vaughn/Sheets platoon at a discount can give you this, and maybe you can take his salary and buy a guy who won't choke in return.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jerksticks said:

None of the micro decisions are worth getting mad about.  The pitching is just shitting its collective pants.  

Gotta get some stud ass performances now boys.  

Except one of those micro decisions directly led to 4 more runs scoring. 

• Like 1

Just now, YourWhatHurts said:

the keep shit im watching you is you posting the same dumb shit over and over like it means anything.

1 minute ago, harkness99 said:

yes that strike out down 9-4 in the 9th  was a key moment...

1 minute ago, harkness99 said:

yes that strike out down 9-4 in the 9th  was a key moment...

What do you want to do, blame Leury?  Is Leury the RBI guy?  

Abreu should have the best ABs because that is what his job is.   

2 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

He is basically throwing Hahn under the bus, for bringing in an expensive closer to be a setup man, which Kimbrel was not suited for.

I need to reiterate that TLR said he would alternate Hendriks and Kimbrel...then basically didn't do that.

Who knows if Kimbrel doesn't blow chunks for the Sox if he closes a few games here or there, but we definitely know you can throw the crazy fucking Australian whenever and he gets shit done.

• Like 1

Just now, YourWhatHurts said:

Oh come on you're nitpicking an at bat when the game was basically out of reach? Did you forget that Jose isn't even close to 100% when he had the flu as recently as 2 days ago? Jose has showed up so far this series. He's not the reason why we're down 2-0.

Just now, harkness99 said:

the keep shit im watching you is you posting the same dumb shit over and over like it means anything.

Well hey there genius what do you think he is paid to do?  And who is the guy who is at the forfront of the 1B/DH logjam?  And who is making the most money?  Sorry to have to spell it out for you.  Maybe you should think more on your own.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, lostfan said:

I mean, yeah, but... Hernandez. Black hole.

I absolutely hate Cesar. So nothing from me. Every move TLR made today was a bad one. That included - but I could at least understand the reasoning there even if it’s not what I would have done. The pen moves? No idea what he was thinking. 

• Like 1

Just now, Quin said:

I need to reiterate that TLR said he would alternate Hendriks and Kimbrel...then basically didn't do that.

Who knows if Kimbrel doesn't blow chunks for the Sox if he closes a few games here or there, but we definitely know you can throw the crazy fucking Australian whenever and he gets shit done.

Kimbrel also wanted to come to Sox with the belief he would get closing chances