ALDS Game 2 - Chicago @ Houston - 1:07pm CDT

Heads22

38 minutes ago, Unknown said:

Framber is a beast, I doubt the Sox can hit him. Lucas is going to have to throw a gem giving up 1 run or less for the Sox to have a chance. 

The White Sox faced him twice this year. He went 7 innings, gave up 3 R (2 earned) in Houston for a win, and he went 6.1 innings and gave up 4 ER for a loss in Chicago.

• Like 1

Lot of pressure on Lucas here.  On one hand it shouldn't all be put on one guy to shut down a team that's incredibly hard to beat in their home park.  On the other hand, his start last year in Oakland for his first post season appearance gives some hope, not to mention his career #s vs Houston

I didn't go into this series with high hopes so a loss here doesn't come out of nowhere for me, with that said if he can go deep into the game I like their chances

They gotta start changing up the signs, going out there putting down 1/2/3 just shows this team has no clue what they're doing when playing Houston at home.  Even NYY totally changed up their signs vs BOS

10 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Somehow 7 of the 9 members on my team are on DTO tomorrow, but I'm not. That said, with 7 of 9 members on DTO, I'm going to be taking a half day in which the second half of my day my computer is on but if no one reaches out to me, I won't be finding other work to do.

That’s how I was yesterday afternoon and will be after 1 today. No deadlines next week, no urgent work to do. I will respond to emails if I have to but other than that, I’ll just stay available.

13 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

Lot of pressure on Lucas here.  On one hand it shouldn't all be put on one guy to shut down a team that's incredibly hard to beat in their home park.  On the other hand, his start last year in Oakland for his first post season appearance gives some hope, not to mention his career #s vs Houston

I didn't go into this series with high hopes so a loss here doesn't come out of nowhere for me, with that said if he can go deep into the game I like their chances

They gotta start changing up the signs, going out there putting down 1/2/3 just shows this team has no clue what they're doing when playing Houston at home.  Even NYY totally changed up their signs vs BOS

Dropping this here also - Kopech, Tepera, Bummer, Kimbrel, and Hendriks should all be available today. They will of course give up a run in the 8th inning, but Giolito should not be allowed to lose this game any time after the 3rd inning or so. You get 4 or 5 from him, start shuffling in arms.

6 hours ago, hi8is said:

I am convinced that Houston secretly injected Avery with a flu virus three days ago so he became ill.

That is the Astros way.

Seriously though, I want this game more than any other in recent memory. Much more than any of the Oakland games last October.

Yes—I’d say this is the most important game this team has played in over a decade.

6 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

You should post this same joke a few dozen more times as I don’t think it’s sinking in yet 

Lifeless team from bad division can't find playoff switch in the dark. 

The issue with this team is not flipping he switch, resting players or home field advantage.  The issue with this team as it is constructed is that other than Grandal and maybe Moncada on occasion there are currently no players that give good consistent at bats that make a pitcher work.

McCullers lead baseball in walks allowed and the White Sox did nothing to take advantage of this.  They have seen him 3 times this year and it is the same story each time, they have no chance at all.  Their inability to adapt to a pitcher is very concerning.  Maybe every team is like this but Lance McCullers while good should not be making it look that easy every time out.

There were no adjustments to their game yesterday.  If they face him in Game 5 I hope they have a better plan.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

The issue with this team is not flipping he switch, resting players or home field advantage.  The issue with this team as it is constructed is that other than Grandal and maybe Moncada on occasion there are currently no players that give good consistent at bats that make a pitcher work.

McCullers lead baseball in walks allowed and the White Sox did nothing to take advantage of this.  They have seen him 3 times this year and it is the same story each time, they have no chance at all.  Their inability to adapt to a pitcher is very concerning.  Maybe every team is like this but Lance McCullers while good should not be making it look that easy every time out.

There were no adjustments to their game yesterday.  If they face him in Game 5 I hope they have a better plan.

I felt like they started out trying to be patient, taking quite a few pitches, but the ump was really giving him the corners.  He was getting strikes.  That made it tough; he wasn’t wild at all and I’m not sure there were a lot of walks there for the taking.  Then of course they got the lead and we started chasing and it was all over.  

• Like 2

It's weird, but i think i am more confident today about them winning this series than yesterday going into it. Astros had their game that everything went right against our most questionable pitcher. Giolito is our true ace and should show it today and if he pitches deep enough preserves kopech to throw 3-4 innings with Rodon Sunday night. Cease in game 4 at home at Gio in game 5 if necessary...against McCullers could be a monumental moment in this rebuild. Eloy and Vaughn/Engel HAVE to hit the next couple games though for this to work out.

37 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

I felt like they started out trying to be patient, taking quite a few pitches, but the ump was really giving him the corners.  He was getting strikes.  That made it tough; he wasn’t wild at all and I’m not sure there were a lot of walks there for the taking.  Then of course they got the lead and we started chasing and it was all over.  

They did a decent job of taking the first few pitches, but when they swung they weren’t swinging at things they could hit. Out of the first 7 outs, 5 were recorded on offspeed pitches - the only guy who put a fastball in play was Abreu. Everyone else made contact on pitches that have .150 batting averages against them.

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

It's weird, but i think i am more confident today about them winning this series than yesterday going into it. Astros had their game that everything went right against our most questionable pitcher. Giolito is our true ace and should show it today and if he pitches deep enough preserves kopech to throw 3-4 innings with Rodon Sunday night. Cease in game 4 at home at Gio in game 5 if necessary...against McCullers could be a monumental moment in this rebuild. Eloy and Vaughn/Engel HAVE to hit the next couple games though for this to work out.

Let's just win the next 3 and not worry about McCullers in game 5.

• knightni changed the title to ALDS Game 2 - Chicago @ Houston - 1:07pm CDT
13 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

They did a decent job of taking the first few pitches, but when they swung they weren’t swinging at things they could hit. Out of the first 7 outs, 5 were recorded on offspeed pitches - the only guy who put a fastball in play was Abreu. Everyone else made contact on pitches that have .150 batting averages against them.

There’s a reason why guys are good pitchers, and this is one of them. If you get in situations you have to swing at things with spin on them, or the spin is so tight you cannot recognize it, it is what happens. The White Sox aren’t the only team that seems to struggle vs. McCullers or good pitching in general. The reason pitchers are good isn’t because the hitters are stupid. If only hitting was as simple as many think, there would be football scores every game, with a few basketball scores thrown in.

• Like 1