ALDS Game 2 - Chicago @ Houston - 1:07pm CDT

Heads22

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Who thought Hernandez was actually going to get a hit...Engel at least had hit a ball this game on the screws. And knows how to play defense a bit.

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking. And after watching Leury try to play RF the last day of the season,  you knew a ball was going to find him.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I would love to know what type of controllable player they could have got for Madrigal, Heuer and Pilkington

I'm assuming not much. I bet Pilkington was in the Escobar deal too. They'd been shopping Madrigal and Heuer for a while and nothing came through there. I assume if any good deals existed the Sox would've jumped on them in the offseason.

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Every button LaRussa pushed today, blew up in his face. A Reneria like postseason managerial performance. 

They can both fuck off. So can Hahn for his horrible deadline. Alright this time I'm really done. Gonna have to avoid media for a day. Go Sox. Cya guys for the must win.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

4 minutes ago, Thad Bosley said:

The key mistake was taking Engel out.  

Why would you forsake his elite defense so Cesar Hernandez could bat for him with nobody on base.  In a game like this you go to the best defense you can late in the hame, not away from it.  

It angers me so much. Between his decision to go with Crochet and pulling Engel im just deflated. What a waste of a season and team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking. And after watching Leury try to play RF the last day of the season,  you knew a ball was going to find him.

If you watched the last game of the season no sane person would have let Leury play RF in the playoffs unless it was an absolute emergency.

1 minute ago, The Grinder said:

We were completly  disillusional   thinking we could beat a good team like Houston, may as well get swept 

LOL both of these games were winnable, especially this one.  This game WE SHOULD HAVE WON.  

Fuck & Destroy & Delete all of the elements that have blown a 4-2 lead in this game.  This was ours to win.

This year the Sox have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory so many times already.  With that dogshit division -- even given the injuries -- we should have won 100+.  We got 93.  And we should at least be 1-1 heading to Chicago.  Actually, we should have played the first two games at home, considering how much better the AL West was than the AL Central this year.

• Like 1

My top 10 list

1. TLR gets out managed

2. Great trade, I hope Nicky wins multiple batting titles and Huer becomes a great closer eventually 

3. TLR NEEDS TO GO

4. KIMBREL should be traded for a  used bat bag

5. whatever we can get for Bummer we  should take 

6. Am I glad I didn’t fall into the trap of buying season tickets for next year to get 1 playoff game

7. KATZ GOOD TLR too old  to manage anymore but JR, BEING THE LOYALIST THAT HE IS WILL BRING HIM BACK  

8. Garcia is great to have around but only to played the infield, hide his outfield glove. 

9. Went to about 12 games this year, if TLR is still the manager and Kimbrel is still on the team, I’ll save my money. 

10.  Kuechel also needs to go and Kopech needs to start in his spot, TRADE HIM FOR ANYTHING ALSO. 

Its extraordinarily amusing to watch people who think their emotional knee jerk reaction in a game thread is some sort of sage wisdom regarding what should happen immediately in a process that takes years and millions of dollars.

maybe your hot take should be limited to “this sucks” or “I’m frustrated”‘ instead of “burn the entire organization down”

This team was ahead of schedule last year and this year, outperformed their injuries, and are simply getting beat by 1 of the two best teams in the AL. 

have some goddammed perspective for fucks sake 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Winning on the road is almost impossible in the postseason for the Sox unless they hit home runs, 2-4 in a game. Sox have none if I'm not mistaken.

Team will win the next two and our crowd will be amazing! Team will go back to Houston and try to not turn to c--p in the indoor arena again. That is all. GO SOX!

p.s. The Chisox homers are coming back home baby. 2-2 series tie then back to Houston IMO. Albeit Sox likely get crushed in game five.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

More likely he gets lit up like a Christmas tree in his home state.  One of the great unknowns of every playoff series since forever.

No chance. 

Saving kopech for a game that might not be played is by far the worst decision of the playoffs. 

Liam and kopech not used in high leverage playoff games because our manager is a dinosaur.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

6 minutes ago, Thad Bosley said:

The key mistake was taking Engel out.  

Why would you forsake his elite defense so Cesar Hernandez could bat for him with nobody on base.  In a game like this you go to the best defense you can late in the hame, not away from it.  

Incorrect.

The KEY mistake happened before then. The KEY mistake was putting Crochet into a game situation, in a game that you NEEDED TO FUCKING WIN, instead of Hendriks or Kopech.

Putting Crochet in the game was the first mistake, and had the BP shut Houston down before any of the other shit happened, then maybe we'd still be up in this game, and still in this series.

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

Many of us said we should have fought for that 2 seed. Of course this is what happens when you punt HFA and take the last month and a half off to over rest. But that rest sure is helping. 

Nothing about what has happened today changes because we had home field advatage.

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The Sox literally probably win this game if kopech comes in for 3 innings in the 5th

Only reason Tony brought it Crochet was because a lefty was coming up who hits lefties pretty much the same as righties. And he had already pitched 20+ innings the day before and faced the same guy. Everyone thought Kopech would be coming in and of course we hear Crochet is up. 

• Fire 1