ALDS Game 2 - Chicago @ Houston - 1:07pm CDT

Heads22

7 minutes ago, almagest said:

On the plus side, I'm not super nervous anymore! The relaxing, comforting certainty of a game and likely series loss has set in.

Truth, we hit rock bottom, nowhere to go but up haha

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Moncada said:

Won't happen imo.

Cleveland  will be really really good if SP healthy 

KC will be good. 

Minny will be better offensively 

Detroit probably only bad team 

It will be another 25 years. Ill be 71 then

6 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

RF defense has been Sox Achilles Heel all season with Goodwin, Leury, Vaughn, Sheets.  Instead of getting a good RF at trade deadline we trade for another expensive reliever who has been a bust.  Hope TLR retires after this season and Hahn gets an early retirement package.  We cannot waste another season in this window..

anyone who the Sox would've traded for would've been total shit once they put the Sox jersey on, ask yourself why that is

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

I would love to know what type of controllable player they could have got for Madrigal, Heuer and Pilkington

Holy shit probably at least a top notch RP and an interesting prospect.  Let's not bury our heads in the sand.  We could have gotten a good player from somebody.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Its extraordinarily amusing to watch people who think their emotional knee jerk reaction in a game thread is some sort of sage wisdom regarding what should happen immediately in a process that takes years and millions of dollars.

maybe your hot take should be limited to “this sucks” or “I’m frustrated”‘ instead of “burn the entire organization down”

This team was ahead of schedule last year and this year, outperformed their injuries, and are simply getting beat by 1 of the two best teams in the AL. 

have some goddammed perspective for fucks sake 

The team is healthy right now and shitting the bed. Give me a break.  The talent level on the team isn’t good enough to win the AL because Hahn fucked up the deadline.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Nothing about what has happened today changes because we had home field advatage.

I mean, yeah it does, pretty much the whole roster has been better at home bullpen included, but more so yesterday with Lynn.

Just now, BigSqwert said:

Who would have thought lousy pitching, terrible defense, uninspiring managing, and untimely hitting wasn't the key to post-season success.

Fortunately, the team is well rested though.

It also doesn't help when a fan with a huge playoff winning streak against the Astros when he is in attendance chooses to not travel to Houston!!!  I hope you booked that flight for Game 5. :cool:

• Thanks 1

Just now, Balta1701 said:

I mean, yeah it does, pretty much the whole roster has been better at home bullpen included, but more so yesterday with Lynn.

Not sure why this is so hard to understand. It’s like a basketball player who shoots better at home than the road.

How can anyone defend TLR at this point? Those runs are 95% on TLR being a horseshit manager and a fucking dinosaur. The announcers even mentioned there was a huge hole up the middle, which doesn't make much sense, since sinker ball pitchers tend to have a lot of balls go up the middle. Three straight hits went RIGHT through that fucking hole.

Then you have Garcia in RF instead of Engel, who absolutely makes that catch.

His stupidity completely sabotaged this game, without even taking into consideration Kimbrel being a useless fucking twatwaffle.

Fuck TLR.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, FriendlyNorthsider said:

Liam is so fucking good. Need to get him the ball with a lead Sunday. Don’t care if it’s the 7th inning

He had a 3 inning save against the Astros last year in the ALDS